Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-21-12 11:14AM

IL_DUCE

Potomac River (Below Woodrow Wilson)

The river fishing for largemouth bass is absolutely phenomenal right now. I fished the mouths of Little Hunting and Dogue Creek this weekend. The fish are beginning to move in to the back of the creeks to spawn, so these mouths are a major highway for fish. We even caught a few females whose tails had begun to turn red from fanning the surface. Throwing watermelon red or green pumpkin creature baits (strike king rodents, yamamoto flappin hogs, berkeley havoc pit boss to name a few) texas rigged, it was harder NOT to catch a fish than it was to catch them. Fish were caught at all different depths, from one ft of water to 15 ft, but the most productive areas were 3 and 4 ft water adjacent to deep water, right at the drop offs.  I caught about 30 bass this weekend, at least 10 over 3 lbs. There is nothing more I love than fighting a Potomac River bucket mouth (well maybe a land locked potomac striper-but thats not til ROCKtober). So if you have the chance, get out there and fish this area, the fishing is excellent.
-Rob
P.S. Great sales at Dick's this week. I'll be there Saturday, maybe Dan will too.

#2 Mar-21-12 12:34PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Potomac River (Below Woodrow Wilson)

Great report......need to start taking some days off.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-21-12 1:07PM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Potomac River (Below Woodrow Wilson)

i was just trying to figure out where i should go fish friday. you just answered that question.

Board footer