Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-11-12 12:24AM

theguvnor

Anyone Fishing the Lakes Sunday?

Headed out to hit a few lakes in the Burn tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone else is too? Lads, if you have any tips for what flies to throw it would be greatly appreciated? The weather is looking great and I'm hoping all my late night fly tying will pay off. Ernie, I'm hoping to get Roger out tomorrow also.  I'll have to pry him away from the golf,couch and the crossword with the promise of a good cigar and fishin. I'll be sure to post a repot and pictures when I get back to El Hacienda Holt.

Andrew Holt

#2 Mar-11-12 6:07AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Anyone Fishing the Lakes Sunday?

I hope you put Roger on some fish...hard to get him and BC off those courses!

I have yet to throw a fly this year, will do so soon.

Good luck and post your results!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-11-12 8:30AM

Houli
Northern Snakehead

I've had some luck recently with small clousers in any combo of white/red/dark green/black.  I'll probably be out later this afternoon ..... Betw 2-3

#4 Mar-11-12 9:00AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Went after church this morning a got 5 dinks on a small crankbait.  If I can get a kitchen pass this afternoon.........I'll go for bigger fishes.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#5 Mar-11-12 9:44AM

theguvnor

Erine, you got that right. If Roger isn't playing it, he's watching it. Thanks for the heads up Curly and Houli. We're hoping to be on the water in the next hours. I tied a bunch of Clouser Minnows last night in various sizes and a few Nymphs also. I've only just started fly fishing in the last few weeks. A buddy built me a G Loomis 9ft 6wt for X-mas. Been practicing casting daily and now I'm tying flys. But I did manage to stop in Rock Creek between clients meetings last week and catch a little smallie. As Rob Snowhite said "Welcome to the addiction."

Board footer