Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-02-12 1:38PM

kidnikarus
Northern Snakehead

Bull Run at Rte 28 (centerville/manassas)

Anyone every fish this section? I have an exam on Saturday at 1:00 about a mile from there. I plan on sitting in a starbucks around 7:00 getting a few hours of studying in and fishing that section for an hour to clear my head before my exam. I read on the switchfisher site that it has smallmouth. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Nick Mendis
Woodbridge, VA

#2 Feb-03-12 5:13AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Bull Run at Rte 28 (centerville/manassas)

Hey, I live right there and have fished that area.  I have seen huge catfish pulled from that spot as well as nice big mouth.  I have only caught bass and smaller catfish at that spot under the bridge and a little ways down.  But, I have always had better luck in the park of Bull run where I have caught some nice 1.5-2 lb small mouth.  I've never fished this time of year though...it's always been the spring and summer.  The carp are also plentiful....I mean in the hundreds and huge!!!  they are always fun to fight with....but again...only in the warmer weather months...I always wondered where the carp go in the winter.

#3 Feb-03-12 10:27AM

kidnikarus
Northern Snakehead

Thanks for the input, I'll let you know how it goes. Might be tough with the cold water but worth a shot. If you are looking for carp you should try 4 Mile Run. That place is saturated with them.

Nick Mendis
Woodbridge, VA

#4 Feb-03-12 12:06PM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

It all depends on if people are washing their clothes on the rocks at the bridge or not. I'm not kidding about that.

#5 Feb-04-12 2:13PM

kidnikarus
Northern Snakehead

No luck there today but it looked really promising. Nice current and a few deep pools. Its funny that you mentioned people washing there clothes. I was actually impressed with lack of litter. The only thing I saw was a couple of beer cans and a bottle of laundry detergent.

Nick Mendis
Woodbridge, VA

#6 Feb-22-12 7:17AM

AnF

I've caught large and smallmouth, and crappie out of this location on light tackle.

#7 Feb-23-12 5:16AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Yeah, what's up with the hobos living out there?  My wife won't even consider walking the bull run trail due to shady people hanging around.

Board footer