Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-01-12 4:07PM

Ernie
Administrator

Lake Fairfax, 1-22-12

Using a Mepps Spinner, a friend of mine caught 2 rainbows (12 & 13") and his son caught this almost 15 incher!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/Rainbow.jpg

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Feb-02-12 4:53AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Lake Fairfax, 1-22-12

I have watched people catching nice fish there after they open it after stocking. they stock some pretty good fish.
Not sure any trout survive the summers here.

smile

#3 Feb-02-12 5:08AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

That is a pretty rainbow. Do you know if they're stocking the creek again or is it still just the lake?

tight lines

#4 Feb-02-12 5:25AM

Ernie
Administrator

jumping jasper wrote:

I have watched people catching nice fish there after they open it after stocking. they stock some pretty good fish.

Yep...take 'em and eat 'em!

jumping jasper wrote:

Not sure any trout survive the summers here.

Unless there is a spring fed area in a deep part of the lake, they are toast when it gets hot.

Bryan wrote:

That is a pretty rainbow. Do you know if they're stocking the creek again or is it still just the lake?

I know they stock a few creeks (Holmes etc) but not sure about others. Her's the info for Lake Fairfax......

Trout Fishing- Lake Fairfax Park

The spring trout fishing season at Lake Fairfax Park is approaching fast, and anglers are eager to reel in the big one. Beginning Friday, February 17, 2012, Cast-a-Line Trout Farm of Goshen, Va., will begin delivering 4,500 pounds of rainbow trout. Stocking occurs every other Friday throughout the season at 11 a.m. (March 2, 16, 30; and April 13).

Beginning this year, staff will not be on-site every day during the season; however, designated volunteers will be present to collect fees for daily passes and monitor the fishing program. Volunteers will also ensure rules and regulations are followed.

Trout fishing passes will be required at the park through April 27. Daily trout pass fees are $12 for ages 16-64; $6 for children ages 6-15; and $6 for seniors age 65 and older. Season passes are $45 for ages 16-54; $40 for children ages 16-64; and $40 for seniors age 65 and older.

A staff member will be on-site on stocking days from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to distribute season passes and process sales.

Fishermen at Lake Fairfax must adhere to the following regulations:

* Passes must be displayed at all times
    * Six fish daily limit per person
    * One line, one pole per person
    * A Virginia state issued fishing license is required for fishermen ages 16 and older
    * A Virginia state trout stamp is not required

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Feb-02-12 7:53AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

I used to go occasionally a few years back, and they would stock both the lake and the creek that runs from the dam spillway. The last time I went they had only stocked the lake because they had "too many problems" at the creek, which I assume meant fishermen getting into confrontations since it was so crowded down there. So I wasn't sure if they would start stocking it again. Fishing the creek was the whole reason I would go to Lake Fairfax, so that kind of ruined it for me.

There was also a feeder creek on the opposite end of the lake that wasn't stocked, but trout would occasionally swim up there. You didn't hear that from me though...

tight lines

#6 Feb-02-12 1:29PM

kidnikarus
Northern Snakehead

Even if they do not stock the creek I am sure they will end up in there. I fished lake fairfax in September and had horrible luck from the shoreline. When I was walking back to my car I noticed a few fish toppling over the side of the dam. I fished the first two pools in the creek and they were teeming with bass so much that as soon as my senko or lizard hit the water they were all over it. if 4500 lbs of trout are being stocked some will definitely spill over (unless the water level is really low).

Nick Mendis
Woodbridge, VA

Board footer