Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-29-11 10:35AM

kidnikarus
Northern Snakehead

Kayak Suggestions

I am thinking about treating myself (suggesting to the wife) to a kayak this Christmas. I would probably use it mostly on lakes and the occoquan.
I also do a trip almost every yearin May to the Delaware River in Barryville, NY (rent their kayak). The river is pretty calm for the most part but depending on the winter there can be some decent stretches of rapids. I would also like to be able to the use the kayak there. Any suggestions. Looking to spend less than 300.00 if possible. If there is not an option that cheap that I can use on the Delaware - that is fine. They place we rent the kayaks from charge you almost the same amount to pick you up down river as they do to rent their kayaks.

Thanks for your input!

Nick Mendis
Woodbridge, VA

#2 Nov-29-11 1:10PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Re: Kayak Suggestions

I'm selling a Native Ultimate 14.5 multisport on Craigslist right now. It's out of the range you stated but would be awesome on lakes and ponds. Keep an eye out on Craigslist, a lot of people are selling right now.

#3 Nov-30-11 7:29AM

Houli
Northern Snakehead

I recently got a Wilderness Systems Ride 115 and love it - great for lakes/ponds/rivers but it runs $850.

#4 Nov-30-11 10:49AM

kidnikarus
Northern Snakehead

Thanks all for the input. I am definitely trying to keep it around 300.00. I have two young kids at home so i probably will only be able to get in it this year less than 10 times. I try to keep weekend fishing to a minimum and keep the weekends for the family. I do 95% of my fishing on my way into work in the morning or on my lunch break. Hopefully when my girls get a little older they will catch the fishing bug!

Nick Mendis
Woodbridge, VA

#5 Nov-30-11 2:20PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

I've bought a couple Potomac 100ES type kayaks at Dick's for less than $200.  They may still have them them on sale for $170 right now.

Board footer