Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-22-07 6:02AM

Ernie
Administrator

1/19/20, 2008-Chesapeake Fishing/Outdoor Expo, Upper Marlboro MD

If anyone is interested in going, let me know and we'll form a carpool! I am going on Saturday, 1/19 in the AM.

Ernie

Link: http://www.chesapeakefishingoutdoorexpo.com/

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Nov-26-07 6:11AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 1/19/20, 2008-Chesapeake Fishing/Outdoor Expo, Upper Marlboro MD

Seminars in January are always fun. Count me in. We can work out details later.

Jeff

smile

#3 Nov-26-07 11:36AM

Ernie
Administrator

I go to as many as I can in Jan. and Feb.

I will post info as they get closer. Big country breakfast in the AM and then some fishing seminars and lookng at t the latest gizmos.

Ernie

#4 Jan-13-08 8:17AM

Ernie
Administrator

Jeff,

Let me know if you still want to go to this one. The seminar schedule is not in my favor but I would like to sit in for the 1 & 2 PM. The original plan was to go early and come back early. I was going to meet a good friend for breakfast too.

I now suggest leaving Ashburn at 7:30 and meet Dan for breakfast at 8:30 and then go to the show around 10. We can leave there at 3 PM.

There are a couple of seminars in the AM that might be interesting....I just don't know that I would go for big tuna in my boat!   roll

Ernie

PS- I do like to OD on theses shows in Jan and Feb!cool

#5 Jan-19-08 3:50PM

Ernie
Administrator

I should have stayed home.....not because the show was bad but because one of the vendors was selling G-Loomis rods for less than 1/2 price...OUCH!!

Most of the vendors catered to trolling but there were several good LT guys with some nice lures.

Anyway, I only went to one seminar but it was very good. It was on fishing the mid and lower part of the bay for stripers, specks and reds in shallow water (including a kayak). This is my favorite type of fishing so I definitely paid attention! Chris Dollar gave the talk and was very informative.

NEWS FLASH- Deale and CHESAPEAKE BEACH are only about 65 miles from Ashburn! A quick jaunt across the bay (5-6 miles) and you are in excellent striper and white perch waters!

I did end up buying some more jigs and bugs and even got a (3 actually) 48" tape for measuring fish on my boat. Curly will like that as the 3M retractable that I was using was a pain and was starting to rust! If anyone needs one, you can have it for $3.33.

I think I will stay home for the next few weekends and look for loose change under the couches so I can restock my finances.

Ernie

#6 Jan-19-08 7:50PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Sounds like you were there for a while, you must have been traveling counterclockwise like me or we would have collided. Spent a while talking to Capt. Starrett and Petey and just a minute at the CCA booth. Sure wish April would get here.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#7 Jan-20-08 4:35AM

Ernie
Administrator

Bob,

I didn't realize you wee there. Sorry I missed you. I actually spent 20 minutes with Mike sitting in that very comfortable chair. Petey was busy the entire time.....his stuff was flying!

Ernie

Board footer