Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-19-11 5:45AM

Rob Allen

Solomons Report - 9-18

I took my son and his buddy down to our place on Sat, night - hoping to fish on Sunday AM - woke up early to drizzle and tree tops blowing pretty good - gave them an extra hour of to sleep - and then ventured out hoping things settled down - we mosied out to the mouth opf the Pax river and were greeted with a pretty good NE blow and rollers - it would not be that comfortable out there at Cedar Pt. Rip - -

I did notice quite a bit of debris in the mouth of the river  - more toward the southern side - which makes sense with the NE wind -

we avoided that area for sure .

- so we hung right at Drum point for a little bit casting lures - My son's friend get a bluefish on a small Lonely Angler plug - so the skunk is off - Yeah!

I noticed some bird activity out in the bay right off Drum Point Community beach - and i asked the boys if they wanted to investigate -It was not really a question, we were heading over there - fortunately, the school was tight enough the shore - that we did not experience the big rollers -

We spent the next 90 minutes at least catching blues and stripers - and having a blast - biggest striper - probably 17" - bigggest blue - 20-21" - all feisty.

They had fun - and I had fun -

all fish were released to grow bigger for next time -

We headed back to cottage and the boys took out the jon boat for an exploration of the creeks, coves, nooks, and crannies of our community water in the water behind Solomons -

Hope the debris finds its way out of the bay soon -

Rob

#2 Sep-19-11 6:57AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Solomons Report - 9-18

That's great report on many accounts!

I hope the bay can recover form this debris laden latte water. Thankfully, the cooling temps and shorter days will be beneficial. I think it would have been disastrous had this been early to mid summer.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Sep-20-11 7:05AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Solomons Report - 9-18

Nice job. Thanks for the report.

tight lines

Board footer