Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-14-11 7:08AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Chincoteague Rail Hunt

To celebrate half way to 100. My wife and I went to Chincoteague island for the weekend.
We fished the first day. The only thing biting was small blue fish, but it was fun.
The next day was a full moon, which created perfect tide for a Rail hunt (Marsh Hens)
I had never done that before and had a blast. it is like pheasant hunting in a salt marsh.
Managed my limint of 15 birds. I have not tasted yet, but everyone down there said they are great eating.

I took a lot of pictures, but when I went to save them on my computer there was an error and now the card is blank. I feel sick about it. Oh well, I'll just have to do it again some day.

Here is a picture of what they look like.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/jumpingjasper/Virginia-Rail.jpg

smile

#2 Sep-14-11 7:29AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Chincoteague Rail Hunt

The memory is in the mind an that's what counts.....

Congrats on the half century....I am nearing completion of my 6th decade. Where does time go?

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Sep-14-11 8:06AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Kids....
Glad you had fun, Jeff. Was it hard to distinguish between the railbirds and mosquitos? They grow them big down there.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#4 Sep-14-11 3:56PM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Osprey wrote:

Kids....
Glad you had fun, Jeff. Was it hard to distinguish between the railbirds and mosquitos? They grow them big down there.

You are not kidding. I don't think I have ever seen so many mosquitos. Thank goodness they weren't so bad during the hunt, but when we went to look for for the "wild ponies" oh man!

smile

Board footer