Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-15-11 8:17AM

TyF
Northern Snakehead

Night Fishing NAS on Pax river

My buddies and i went night fishing at the naval air station on the Patuxent river and chesapeake bay. We used bloodworms and cut spot.

The night started out good when we caught 1 spot, 3 toadfish (picture coming soon) and a horseshoe crab in the first hour. as the night went on it got a little slow but still consistant until 1am. by that time we had caught about 7 spot, a bluefish, 8 toadfish, 2 white perch, and 2 horseshoe crabs. we were crabbing also and pulled up a total of about 3 crabs the whole night   .

After the bite went of i decided to throw a little beetlespin on an ultralight rod to see if there were any white perch around...no white perch but i was hearing alot of little baitfish getting eaten by something so i casted were the noise was comeing from and got a little needle fish!!  i was not expecting that!!

the bite turned completely off for everything except toadfish...  but we could catch them at will so anytime we got board we would just drop the bloodworms straight down of the pier and get a toadfish. we probably caught 10-15 toadfish all together.

we all crashed at 4am and got up around 630 to have some breakfast and pack up. I decided to throw my line in one more time and it was in for no more than 10 mins before i got a bite. it was another spot!  after that we packed up and went home...

overall it was a good trip!

Board footer