Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-02-11 4:30PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

OBX 7-29 to 8-2

Myself and my roommate who is starting to take a liking to the whole fishing thing drove down to OBX with our yaks to stay with one of our other roommates and their family.  The first day I got the yak out right behind the house for 30min and caught a 14" flounder on a gulp chartruese neon pepper jerk shad.  That night we all used my surf rods to catch way over 50 croaker, spot and mullett.  We just stopped counting after 50.  Then on Thursday we took the yaks to second street in Kitty Hawk and launched at the public beach area.  We paddled out about 100-150 yds to the triangle wreck.  There are 3 boats I believe and 5 pieces.  You can actually see it through the water as it is only like 20ft deep.  We only caught sea bass the whole time their unfortunately as we were looking for sheepshead and spadefish.  Didnt get to fish friday, but Saturday after moving out of the house we drove to oregon inlet and fished, but had no luck.  Was told the fishing was off their, but still we should have got something.

I plan on going back to the shipwrecks in september or october as its only 2hours away from my house at school.

#2 Aug-02-11 5:28PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: OBX 7-29 to 8-2

There are some trigges on that wreck.....

Sound water has been hot!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer