Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-01-11 2:28PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

CBBT Report 30&31st

The plan was to run 15 miles offshore to CB Light and attempt some AJ's and anything else with a forked tail. Got live bait before sunrise and headed out to calm seas and humid hot temps. Got to CB Light and there must have been twenty spearfisherman and they had the legs all covered up. They even pushed the spades off the Light.. but we tried and fished for three hours. No bites. I tossed a big popper close to a leg when the divers rested at the other side and a big cobia followed it all the way to the boat. We also had a cuda about 6 feet long circle the boat twice.. Moved around to a couple of reefs and nada. So we ran back to Fishermans Island and set up on a temp break 82 to 73 degrees.. massive break. Live baits went out and we started making sammy's and bam four rods go down.. ...non stop for about two hours we landed or lost 30 sharks in the small to medium range. Left them hitting and set up on 9 foot shoal. Few skates and day one was done.

The plan the second day was use the incoming to drift some flounder. Got well over 30 flounder and only one measured.. most where about 1/2 inch short.. Tide stopped and the crabs ate our rigs up. Headed for the break at 4th island and proceeded to fill the cooler with blues on light tackle.

Storm moved in and we called it day.

No pictures because I wanted to fish and enjoy time with friends old and new.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Aug-01-11 2:33PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: CBBT Report 30&31st

Sounds like a good time was had by all!

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#3 Aug-01-11 4:18PM

Ernie
Administrator

Blue water fishing....need some of that!

Your boat Mike?

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Aug-01-11 4:43PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

No the boat was a fellow moo'er. A 24 foot that acts like a 28 footer. It has a hard top and full curtains. Single 350 i/o and scorpion out drive. Does about 30 knots and sips fuel at 2.4 gal per miles. If I ever go bigger I would want something like his.

I will dig up some pics of it.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

Board footer