Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-19-11 8:47PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

6/19 south of 301 bridge

Launched at Aqualand just before high tide this evening. Had perfect conditions for shallow water stripers, but only found a few 12"ers. Moved out to the drop off in front of Pasquahanza Cr. and used high/low bottom rigs baited with garlic shrimp in 20'. Final tally was 2 blue cats over 8#, 1 channel cat around 5#, 12 dink perch and 3 14" croakers. Left before dark and all fish swam away healthy. Best news of the day was my 9 month old Lab puppy was happy to get on the boat for the first time, and seemed to have a good time. He made friends with every fish that came aboard (except the cats). That answered a big question, I do have a boating companion.

The water color was off and there was more trash floating than I ever remember, mostly wood with some dangerous sized logs. Surface temp registered @ 75.5 deg.

Sorry, no pics. Found out that my new waterproof, drop proof, freeze proof camera with a blank 32gig memory card didn't stay on the roof of the car like it should have. (sounds like something Kiko would try) Oh well.... I seldom catch anything when I have a camera along.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#2 Jun-20-11 4:42AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 6/19 south of 301 bridge

Glad you got out and that the pup was an able companion!

You are supposed to put the camera in your pocket or a bag......

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-20-11 7:30AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Re: 6/19 south of 301 bridge

Sounds like a good trip, especially with the new pup! I'm hoping to get down to that area soon on the kayak and hopefully by boat this week. Sorry about last week! I'll get you those shirts soon.

Board footer