Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-27-11 5:51AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

A New Chapter

After 9 years and 357 days with IBM, I tendered my resignation as I have accepted a job with Capital One Financial. IBM offered an amazing start to my career and I am grateful for the opportunities presented to me including traveling the globe.

As some of you may know, Capital One is headquartered in McLean VA, right off 123 near Tysons II, but my office will be the West Creek location in Tuckahoe (Richmond), Virginia. We will be uprooting and relocating to Richmond sometime in July/August, but until then, I will be commuting and telecommuting as necessary.

I definitely intend to fish around here as much as possible until we move, at which point I will share my conquests on the forum from my new base camp. I am excited about the access and potential to fish Lake Anna, James River, Lake Chesdin, and other smaller bodies of water which will all be no further than 30-45 minutes from our new place.

This forum and the membership is fantastic and has resulted in many lifelong friendships. I will miss you guys for sure, but will continue to be in touch.

Tight lines!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#2 Apr-27-11 6:25AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: A New Chapter

Good luck and all the best to you in your new job.  Your Richmond-area fishing posts will certianly be welcomed.  You'll have to get a few Potomac striper trips in with me before you go.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#3 Apr-27-11 6:58AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Curly wrote:

You'll have to get a few Potomac striper trips in with me before you go.

Deal!

#4 Apr-27-11 10:05AM

Ernie
Administrator

I saw this on FB and was stunned but really happy for you guys!

Hotel Rojas has lots of vacancies should the opportunities arise for a boat/kayak extravaganza! Kids and pets are welcome.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Apr-27-11 3:45PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Patrick,

Sad to see you leave but at the same time, I am very happy to hear about your new endeavor. I wish you and your family the very best my friend!!

Khanh

#6 May-03-11 9:30AM

L1Ranger
Northern Snakehead

Best of luck patrick.  I find myself in a similar boat, coming up on the 10 year mark, though no changes have been made yet.

now it's yesterday! roll
Ernie

#7 Aug-15-11 5:28AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

UPDATE:

We put our house on the market Friday, August 5th. We had walk throughs on Saturday, received an offer on Sunday, and ratified a contract on Monday! It's official, the house is sold and we will be packing up and moving on September 3rd.

From what I hear, the James River offers great early spring Striper fishing much like the Potomac. Any takers?

Though we will be in a rental house until our house is built, the new house is about 1/2 mile south of the Upper James, much like our access to the Upper Potomac. Smallie fishing anyone?

I look forward to finding new water, fishing Briery Creek and other new lakes that I am closer to.

Until we meet again, tight lines!

#8 Aug-15-11 5:32AM

Ernie
Administrator

Patrick- best of luck with this new chapter. We will miss you for sure but the Forum will be here for your reports.

I think the Targa will do well in those parts.......

Time to go fishin' again!

#9 Aug-15-11 10:22AM

basscrusher
Northern Snakehead

Patrick-  I grew up in Richmond, and although I don't like the James, I have some knowledge of it.  Email me if you ever need info/advice.  Have fun down there...I might be following you in a couple of years.

Board footer