Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-26-11 5:44AM

FishingFarrell

Brambleton ponds?

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and have really enjoyed reading the posts, it's a great resource for local fishermen.  I live in Brambleton and have fished all of our ponds with varying levels of success.  I was curious if anyone from this site has tried any of our ponds?  I definitely plan on getting out to a bunch of the other Ashburn ponds this spring.
Thanks,
Sean

#2 Mar-26-11 1:10PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Brambleton ponds?

Welcome Sean.....I have never fished those ponds but I am sure some of the other guys have.

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-28-11 7:11AM

Sixspeedsam
Website

What?!? There are no fish in any of the Brambleton ponds ;-)

That being said, what do you want to know?

#4 Mar-29-11 3:58PM

sportzfish

I saw this post and thought this would be a good first time for me to chime in.  I fish once in awhile but not as often as I would like.  Love reading everyone else's adventures around town though!  I live in Brambleton and have fished all of the ponds except the one across from the HOA clubhouse/swimming pool (any fish in this pond?).  I have fished in Charmay Pond and there are some good fish in there, but not alot of numbers.  The small shallow pond near the tennis courts only has tiny fish and catfish.  The pond down the road from the shopping center has some fish, but not anything big.  I know there are some bluegills in these ponds, but anyone ever caught anything else, like crappie or smallmouth bass?

#5 Mar-29-11 7:49PM

Sixspeedsam
Website

Yes, there are fish in the pond across from the clubhouse.

What is Charmay pond? I live in Brambleton and have never heard of it, heck I don't even think a road is named Charmay here. Are you talking about the large pond near legacy elem?

I've caught LMB and bluegill, even a catfish or two. Never pulled a smallmouth out though - got to head to the rivers or reservoir for those.

#6 Mar-29-11 8:49PM

sportzfish

Sixspeedsam wrote:

Yes, there are fish in the pond across from the clubhouse.

What is Charmay pond? I live in Brambleton and have never heard of it, heck I don't even think a road is named Charmay here. Are you talking about the large pond near legacy elem?

I've caught LMB and bluegill, even a catfish or two. Never pulled a smallmouth out though - got to head to the rivers or reservoir for those.

Yes the one close to the elementary school, one of the roads back there is called Charmay Pond Place I think.

I think that pond across from the clubhouse eventually drains into the big one with the dam.  I will have to try it one day.

Board footer