Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-05-11 3:34PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Silver Buddy is my friend

I headed out to Beaverdam this afternoon and got to fishing about 2:15.  I knew it would be windy so I made sure to bring my anchor.   I started with a 6" swimbait and then to a DD22.  I was anchored with my back to the southerly wind and used the wind to get the most distance on my casts.  I was working a drop off area.  Eventually I started tossing the silver buddy with my other rod.  I was keeping it near the bottom in a 10-15ft deep area.  It ended up snagged so I had to pull anchor to go get it.  The anchor was pretty well snagged too. Thankfully I have rope tied to both ends and after some maneuvering I got it free.   Once I got the silver buddy back I decided to let the wind blow me towards the dam. 

If it wasn't my first cast, it was the second after the snag.  It was to the 10ft deep flat area near the drop off.  I felt a gentle hit on it and was expecting something crappie-sized.  It wasn't fighting at all and before long I could see something big emerging.

19" and just under 4lbs.  My largest LMB ever.  It wasn't fat at all, so it would easily go over 4lbs in the warmer months when it's eating more.

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/274681/BDR_LMB1.JPG

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/274681/BDR_LMB1a.JPG

This was it for the day, but it was worth it.

#2 Mar-05-11 4:20PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Silver Buddy is my friend

A Silver Buddy day....congrats on your PB!!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-05-11 4:34PM

mudkart
Northern Snakehead

Congrats T.  You're right, that's a skinny bass.  Most I've seen like that were sick or from overpopulated ponds.

Last edited by mudkart (Mar-05-11 4:34PM)

#4 Mar-06-11 7:41AM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

was that you we saw?  my bro and I were in the red canoe, the only other fools out there. 

skunked....on jig and pig, we were fishing deep drop offs....

#5 Mar-06-11 1:30PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

bart2puck wrote:

was that you we saw?  my bro and I were in the red canoe, the only other fools out there. 

skunked....on jig and pig, we were fishing deep drop offs....

Yeah that was me.  Saw you two out there.   I was probably the only one to catch something.  I really doubt those fishing from shore caught anything.

Board footer