Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan-30-11 2:46PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

lower Potomac 1-30-11

I thought Coz would have posted this by now, but he must have baby duty lol .  We went early this morning and did ok.  A few bass up to 2.5 lbs, shad, bluegill, yellow perch, and something that eludes me right now.  There were a few folks in the area that we were but not too bad.  Saw/met some Pacemakerfishing lurkers there tongue (they recognized me.....wonder why?).  Three hours of relative peace was worth every minute.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Jan-30-11 2:55PM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

Re: lower Potomac 1-30-11

those damn lurkers have given up the spot and now I see people there all the time makes me want to bring a Louisville slugger with me everytime Im out....

#3 Jan-30-11 3:10PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Thai- I feel your pain!  I wanted to beat the life out of the lurker that came up to me and refused to identify himself.  He talked to me like he had known me for years (from reading my posts).  He knew that I was 'Curly", but would not identify himself.  Makes me not want to post anything at all................scumbags.........all take and no give............ maybe I'll "take names later" next time........ big_smile .  Lurkers BEWARE!

#4 Jan-30-11 3:11PM

greenRanger364v

I was probablly the one who you mentioned noticed you, unless someone else did too.  Now that I am getting the boat back I probablly won't go down there for a while, but it's a cool spot, I hope poachers don't mess it up like other parts of the river.

#5 Jan-30-11 3:18PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

It was not you green ranger.  Figured you out right away.....cool and quiet.  I was talking about the punk earlier, before you got here.  It was nice to share water with you.............Curly

#6 Jan-30-11 3:19PM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

LOL Well if it was Nick that's a diff story he's a good guy

#7 Jan-30-11 3:19PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

geez, i couldnt figure out where it was. what a bummer 4u guys.
mums the word on my spots from now on.

#8 Jan-30-11 3:21PM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

I'm actually not too concerned since with the new Job I'm basically at work more than I am at home and I plan on getting a new boat by spring so no more footing it for me

#9 Jan-30-11 3:33PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Thai wrote:

............ I plan on getting a new boat by spring so no more footing it for me

I see some reciprocal fishing trips!!!!!!!! lol

#10 Jan-30-11 3:44PM

greenRanger364v

If you guys ever need help with the poachers I can try to put you in contact with some Park Police friends of mine.  They are the ones who actually show up too. :p

#11 Jan-30-11 3:49PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Park Police don't have jurisdiction there.  Even if hey did, courts let poachers off with a minimal fine.  I can't post the true type of justice that is required for poachers sad .

#12 Jan-30-11 4:00PM

greenRanger364v

I helped them get some guys at Chain Bridge for commercial fishing, turns out they got jail time.  Too bad they don't give all the poachers jail time though.  Are you going to go Aluminuim or fiberglass Thai?

#13 Jan-30-11 4:09PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

I'm hoping he goes for Al+.  Can fish much skinner water with Al+.  Make sure you get a 2" hitch for pullin the trailer.  1-3/4 ball is for wimps.

#14 Jan-30-11 4:22PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

greenRanger364v - PM sent..............to email......................Curly

#15 Jan-30-11 4:50PM

mudkart
Northern Snakehead

If the increase in angling traffic continues at this spot, I can see the owners of the parking lot we all use getting frustrated and doing something.  Also, it's not a spot that supports alot of anglers at the same time.  Tempers have flared in the recent past (I'm guilty, maybe it was one of you "lurkers" I yelled at), so, I'm sure it will happen again.  I don't have any solution though.

IMO, you really need two rigs around here to fish all the water effectively: a glass boat works best for the big water and a "small" tin boat that has a "legal" OB for the HP-restricted reservoirs (keep in mind Sandy and Briery are 9.9).  I've fished the Rez from a 20ft Bass Cat, which was very comfortable, but even the 36V TM didn't last when used as the primary propulsion.  We barely made it back to the ramp.  I've seen some 18-19ft tin boats (Xpress) on the Potty, but never fished from one.  I would hesitate to invest in one for that purpose until I'd taken it back and forth from Leesylvania to Mattawoman a few times in even moderate winds.  Even so, I would still get a glass boat for that purpose, but that's me.  I've no bias against tin: that's the type of boat we own, but I did not buy it with the intent of running across the Potomac.
Tin would also be the best for the UP, but this complicates the discussion as a jet OB becomes part of the equation.

#16 Jan-30-11 5:06PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Never get a glass boat back into there.  I have a 14' glass boat and would never make it back into those waters.  Need an Al+ to make it back there!

#17 Jan-30-11 5:11PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

We have gotten a Ranger back there before but it requires a lot of careful timing and some nerves of steel. After doing it once on someone else' boat, I don't think I would want to take my own back through there unless it had a jet.

#18 Jan-30-11 5:20PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Dan - You guys have some NADS.  No way I'd try to put my glass boat back into there. Must have been a very HIGH tide.   I've gotten stuck (grounded) in better waters.  Invite me on your next Ranger trip into those waters! big_smile

Last edited by Curly (Jan-31-11 3:48AM)

#19 Jan-30-11 5:35PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Sorry for the late post....baby duty + nap + family walk + dinner + baby bath = finally free.

The peace of mind was immeasurable. Good times...

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#20 Jan-30-11 5:41PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

CozUF2001 wrote:

Sorry for the late post....baby duty + nap + family walk + dinner + baby bath = finally free.

I remember those days.................good times (from a grandad big_smile )....and time for my nap! lol

Last edited by Curly (Jan-30-11 5:49PM)

#21 Jan-30-11 6:09PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Curly wrote:

Dan - You guys have some NADS.  No way I'd try to put my glass boat back into there. Must have been a very HIGH tide.   I've gotten stuck (grounded) in better waters.  Invite me on your next Ranger trip into those waters! big_smile

OH YEAH...........Lurkers.........Biteme.

It was very sketchy. If I had a boat I don't think I'd go back there anyway. There are plenty of places on the river to catch fish, including many that require a boat to reach. If I get a boat, I'm going to those places, not the ones I can bank fish already.

#22 Jan-30-11 6:27PM

Ernie
Administrator

greenRanger364v wrote:

I helped them get some guys at Chain Bridge for commercial fishing, turns out they got jail time.

Good work!

Time to go fishin' again!

#23 Jan-30-11 6:46PM

Ernie
Administrator

So...a lurker is a bad guy?

Don't ya have to lurk before seeing if you want to join a Forum?

What if that lurker really is a member that doesn't post much?

What if a member doesn't want or like to post?

What if a lurker wants to join but is nervous about not been received in a nice way?

So many questions......

Time to go fishin' again!

#24 Jan-31-11 4:10AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Not all lurkers are bad............just the bad ones..........

#25 Jan-31-11 4:37AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

this is just my opinion, but a lurker that doesn't contribute is a bad one. Taking info and not sharing is what i hate. taking info and putting it out as your own is even worse. It's only 7:30 on a monday and i'm getting angry..lol

Board footer