Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-23-10 5:47AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Xmas story

A Christmas of my memory was filled with hope and happiness. Money was tight growing up and we ate a lot of macNcheese and spaghetti.  I was searching the house for my Christmas presents while my parents were out when I found the bike. I had asked for a bike and boy this was the best one I had ever seen. Must have cost a fortune… It was metal flake Kelly green with high rise handlebars and a slick banana seat. It had a three speed derailleur and those cool springs built into the front forks. It also had cool green striped wheels.

I was so excited and could hardly sleep that eve before Christmas. Rule at my house was “do not wake up my parents before sunrise” under severe penalty. So at sunrise after maybe an hour of sleep that night I slipped down the hall to the tree to view the presents.. Oddly no bike was seen. But with my Dad it was most likely a trick. I mean he would put a note in a big box to look in the closet or wash room.

So I sat opening each present slowly hoping for very cool bike. After all the presents had been opened I checked the tree for perhaps an envelope. I did not find one.

My Dad noticed my searching and asked if I liked the presents? I told him yes sir very much and resumed my search on the tree.  I really did like them, but was wondering when he would spring the well hidden bike on me.  In my earlier recon I had to climb way back in the storage closet just to find it.. My brother did not get a bike so where the hell is it?

We ate breakfast and later dressed for the cold and went out to play. And there it was the bike of my dreams with only one hitch. George across the street was riding it. Huh..

Two weeks later after a big snow he had left it in the front yard and it was never seen after that.
Never did find out who took it..

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Dec-23-10 7:58AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Xmas story

Great story.....man.....that would have made me bonkers. mad

Too bad that kid "lost" his bike...wonder what color it turned?   roll

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer