Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-16-10 1:45PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Downsizing

I have some stuff that I've accumulated that is not getting used so I thought I'd post it up here to see if anyone was interested.

Abu Garcia Revo Premier LH (Includes box, lube, and papers) - $140
It's been used only a few times this season but I was afraid of damaging it so I left it off the kayak. I ended up getting an inshore version instead and I like it more.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_LtCJkp6ExRo/TIEVEsnmonI/AAAAAAAAC3g/Qx5sz2BCPPI/s800/photo%201.JPG
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_LtCJkp6ExRo/TIEX-OhKq9I/AAAAAAAAC4A/I9-ddXJDU2g/s800/photo%205.JPG

Bass Pro Shops Pro Qualifier - $45 (I might have the box, need to check)
It's been used a couple of times in freshwater only and comes with an extra spool. Very smooth (8 bearings) long casting reel, but I'm afraid to put it in the salt or on my kayak, so it has no use for me.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_LtCJkp6ExRo/TMW9YT-tyyI/AAAAAAAADWc/oRGAE6EiVZM/s800/photo%201.JPG

I have a bunch of other stuff laying around and I am primarily interested in gear that will hold up to saltwater/kayak abuse if you would like to trade for anything. I'll add to this once I can get some better pictures of things.

#2 Nov-17-10 4:44AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Downsizing

The Revo Premier is an excellent reel and that is an excellent deal. Someone should jump on this.

#3 Nov-17-10 5:58AM

Ernie
Administrator

If it was a righty.......

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Nov-17-10 6:08AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

I just can't get used to jigging with my left hand, guess using a spinning reel the majority of my life ruined me on that. I have some other stuff I'll be adding that you may be interested in Ernie, I'll add them later in the week.

#5 Nov-17-10 6:50AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

If it was a righty.......

Ditto!

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#6 Nov-17-10 9:30AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

That is pretty nice looking and us "normal" fisherman are left hand retrieves. I just don't need another reel right now...well, maybe I do, but the wife insists that I don't!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#7 Nov-17-10 11:16AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Someone take that thing before I cave. I fought the urge to jump on another board till I thought it was gone, now here it is again.

Last edited by Osprey (Nov-17-10 11:17AM)

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#8 Nov-17-10 11:26AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Still here Bob! It's a sweet reel and I caught a few pig bass on it this year in the Potomac. I have a nice All Star rod or a St Croix Tidemaster that I will probably let go too, can't decide which one to keep though... I thought I'd put it on here since more of you fish this style of tackle than the kayak site, plus I dropped the price...

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_LtCJkp6ExRo/TBfyiy13_CI/AAAAAAAACjA/I4PJTl-IXNQ/s800/IMG_0784.JPG

#9 Nov-18-10 5:26AM

Ernie
Administrator

Redfish12 wrote:

or a St Croix Tidemaster

Tempt me.....

#10 Nov-29-10 8:43AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Alright guys here's what some of you have been waiting for...

St. Croix Tidemaster Conventional Rod TLC7OMF 7 ft 3/8-3/4 oz 1 piece  MSRP: $140 asking $85 since the rod is in like new condition.
   - I used this rod two times at GP and felt it was too light for me, very light and sensitive though.

All Star Select - 6.5 ft MH 1/4-5/8 oz $45
   - I've used this one a lot more and like the action for throwing flukes and jigs. I originally got it for throwing topwater plugs for reds but I haven't done that kind of fishing since I bought it so I'm selling it too.

May have a few other things, waiting to see if they go on the kayak site. Bob let me know how you want to get the Revo.

Thanks!

#11 Nov-29-10 8:52AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

I give, where can we meet? I'm at Rt 4 and 95 and willing to travel. I'm in no hurry unless you are.

#12 Nov-29-10 8:55AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Heading over to fish for DC stripers anymore this season? I can easily meet you at GP if you are. I'm not in a big hurry so we can work something else out if not. Do you want me to strip the line?

#13 Nov-29-10 9:32AM

Ernie
Administrator

I drive by Arlington 2-3 X a week, work in DC.

Oh....I'll take the Tidemaster.

Email me your address and I will send the payment. We can do the handoff later.

#14 Nov-29-10 9:35AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

No rush Ernie, just bring it when we meet. I'll email you to set it up.

Thanks guys! Let me know if you're looking for something bc I'm going through somewhat of a fishing re-organization... dumping a lot of freshwater stuff for salt/kayak stuff for rockfish.

#15 Nov-29-10 10:00AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Redfish12 wrote:

Heading over to fish for DC stripers anymore this season? I can easily meet you at GP if you are. I'm not in a big hurry so we can work something else out if not. Do you want me to strip the line?

I've been told by one of the resident experts that the water is too cold for Washington Channel so I'm guessing that GP is finished till spring. I'm more than willing to come to you, hopefully not during rush hour.  Just email me    captchawk@aol............com

Last edited by Osprey (Nov-29-10 10:01AM)

#16 Nov-29-10 10:04AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Glad you all made the purchases. I was starting to sweat thinking I would take the plunge!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#17 Nov-29-10 11:04AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

CozUF2001 wrote:

Glad you all made the purchases. I was starting to sweat thinking I would take the plunge!

You should have said something, might have given me the strength to hold out. Too late now, I have to have it.

#18 Nov-29-10 11:20AM

Ernie
Administrator

Osprey wrote:

I'm more than willing to come to you, hopefully not during rush hour.

I am stopping by Redfish12's house later tonight.....I can pick yours up.

#19 Nov-29-10 1:04PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Pacemaker wrote:

Osprey wrote:

I'm more than willing to come to you, hopefully not during rush hour.

I am stopping by Redfish12's house later tonight.....I can pick yours up.

The PiP is progressing, thanks

#20 Nov-29-10 5:35PM

Ernie
Administrator

I have the goods........

#21 Nov-29-10 6:41PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Hope you guys enjoy them and get more use out of them than I have!

#22 Dec-03-10 8:13AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Bob- what does PiP mean? I think you are fishing with Ernie today, hope you enjoy the reel!

Price drops!

All Star - $40

Pro Qualifier - $35

I have a few other things I'm getting rid of on a different site so let me know if you're interested and I can post here as well. I am just trying to downsize and clean up some of the gear I have that's just gathering dust.

Last edited by Redfish12 (Dec-03-10 8:16AM)

#23 Dec-03-10 1:21PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Redfish12 wrote:

Bob- what does PiP mean? I think you are fishing with Ernie today, hope you enjoy the reel!

Price drops!

All Star - $40

Pro Qualifier - $35

I have a few other things I'm getting rid of on a different site so let me know if you're interested and I can post here as well. I am just trying to downsize and clean up some of the gear I have that's just gathering dust.

!!Pip was a plan in progress, report to follow

#24 Dec-04-10 4:51AM

Ernie
Administrator

Redfish12 wrote:

Temp us......

#25 Dec-06-10 12:16PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

1) Penn Levelmatic 940 - new side plate, new drag washers, oiled and tuned with new 15 lb big game solar green - $50

2) Ugly Stik Intercostal - 6.5 ft MH Spinning Rod, used a few times, looks like new- $28

3) Penn SSG 5500 spinning reel - used but recently serviced, new main gear and servicing. Works great but is missing the sideplate logo, made in USA red dot on drag cap - $50

4) Bass Pro Pro Qualifier Series Spinning Reel - Super smooth used only in freshwater, 8 bearings, distance spool stlye, comes with extra spool, used a few times for largemouth- $35

5) Diawa Millionare - recently serviced, used condition, - $15 or best offer

6) Pflueger Contender 30 Lever Drag - I bought this for chasing AJs and Tarpon from the yak in the Charleston Harbor, not moving so and I do not plan on doing any heavy trolling up here. Smooth, super strong drag, complete overkill for anything I fish for... I'm taking the braid off to put on a different reel - $45

7) All Star MH 6.5ft Conventional Rod - Used for 1 season, one small defect in the finish coat near the reel seat, looks like a small blob of clear coat, comes with a rod ruler sticker on the back of the rod, can be removed - $40

Pictures coming. All the reels that have been serviced were done by Phil at the Rod and Reel in Arlington.

Last edited by Redfish12 (Dec-06-10 12:19PM)

Board footer