Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-22-10 6:34PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

First deer of the year - Bow season

Went out for the first time this season.  Got lucky and nailed a doe.  Some good eating to come!

Photobucket is down, so I'll post the pic later.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Oct-23-10 6:32AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: First deer of the year - Bow season

Here is the pic............
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb119/cokeempire/FISH%20PICS%2010-08%20on/DSC02140.jpg

#3 Oct-23-10 8:20AM

Bass&Reds26

Nice job. I've been wanting to get out this season but things have been so busy.

I like that old school bow, I have one just like this one that my uncle handed down to me.

(Bear Magnum Hunter)

#4 Oct-23-10 9:30AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

It's a Hoyt/Eastman Spectra 1000.  Over 20 years old and was near top-of-the line in its day.  Still has the speed and accuracy to do the job.  I've updated everything on it.  Over 25 deer with that bow smile .

#5 Oct-24-10 7:53AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Nice work there Curly.

My hunt seemed to be going great on saturday morning.  I had 4 does under the tree ( I was looking through my stand at one of them ) and waiting for the mature one to move out to 10-15 yards when my cell phone started going nuts, text then ringing. The deer didn't seem to care (funny how that is, a loud ringing cell phone doesn't make them bat an eye but the sound of a arrow dragging across a rest will make them look up every time). But I fished out my phone and saw a message from a friend that was hunting the other side of the property saying that the game warden had just pulled him out of the tree.  Someone had turned us in for poaching. After 20 minutes (my friend in person and me 20 feet up in a tree on the phone) or so we got things straightened out and that we were legal and had permission to be there. Kind of killed the mood since that was 730 in the morning.  I'm a bit worried the property owner is going to say our hunting has become a hassle and pull our permissions...  Game warden was a good guy and was just doing his job.  Glad to him working being as diligent as he was.   

About your hoyt, my mathews is 16 years old now and I still shoot off knocks with it. I've thought about getting a new one every now and then but there just are not many 32" draw bows on the market anymore and they have really, really gotten expensive!!! And funny looking!!! As they say if it ain't broke, don't fix it.. If I do get a new one, I really want to go back to shooting fingers.  Shooting a release just isn't the same..

#6 Oct-24-10 1:41PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Except for the loins,.............all burger now! smile

#7 Oct-24-10 3:25PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

I wish I had a place to hunt so I could put my 870 to good use.  That and less deer for me to hit with my motorcycles.

Board footer