Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-09-07 4:57PM

Ernie
Administrator

8-9-07 Ocean fishing report....this one is for Curly

I went out to the ocean at 5 PM  see if there was anything happening (after getting nudged by Curly). There were a few guys out but only one of them had caught anything (1 little spot in a Gulp).

But I did this one Ernie style! I took a 7'6"bait casting rod with my 6500 Abu baitcaster (my favorite) and I threw metal, jigs, plugs but..... nothing for the 1st 45 minutes. Then I put on a shrimpy looking grub on a red 3/8 oz jig head. This white piece of plastic is about 20 years old....it has a red web tail (no clue what it's supposed to look like). The method I started to use was to throw the jig as far as I could and then slowly retrieving it (jerking it once in a while) whle making contact with the bottom. Soon enough I started to get little nudges and I set the hook on three very nice croaker (nice for me in the ocean anyway). They measured about 6" a piece. As I brought the last one in, I looked behind me and crowd of 6-7 people were watching me fight these monsters of the sea. At 6, I came in and cooked up a mean Cuban chili for the crew. Couldn't get out after dinner due to lightning and storms.

OK Curly, I went fishing in the surf!!!!!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Aug-11-07 6:22PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 8-9-07 Ocean fishing report....this one is for Curly

I tried it the next day for about 30 minutes but no takers.

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer