Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-08-10 10:40AM

doberdog1

White Perch at Wicomico

My Brother and I woke up at 4am this morning and headed towards Wicomico.  I have a two seater canoe that I put on the back of the truck.  Before arriving at the boat launch we stop at the Chaptico Deli for food and Ice.  we launched at 6am and headed towards the sandy pointy looking for the early morning rock fish.  The second cast I hooked on a nice fish.  I knew it was not a white perch the way he pulled side to side.  this my first nice size rock fish I have caught in this canoe.  It felt great, it was a little over 18 inches.  Between me and my brother we caught about 11 rock fish in a matter ov 20 minutes until the sun came out.  they all measured from 8 inches to 18 inches(2 keepres).    Then we started to fish for the beloved white perch.  I don't know if anyone knows but I love catching white perch, I don't think my brother knows that.  he kept asking me why I got so excited for such a little fish.  I couldn't really explain it to him, but I sure showed it to him every time.  I definatly had lots of memories of Carl out there, I will always be greatful.  Final count was 96 white perch(most small, "SOUP FISH") and 11 rock fish.

Mo

I love fishing and the process

#2 Aug-08-10 12:37PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: White Perch at Wicomico

I could visualize where you were and what you were doing....

Very nice!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-08-10 1:14PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

I could visualize where you were and what you were doing....

Very nice!

I could not...........PICS please!

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#4 Aug-08-10 1:35PM

Ernie
Administrator

He left the camera on the kitchen counter.......it happens!

#5 Aug-08-10 3:23PM

doberdog1

I got home and fillet the some of the perch, Carl would of been proud.  I told my neighbor yesterday about going fishing and told him ill bring him some back.  So when I got back I put some in a cooler and put it in his front door.  An hour later he returned them and said that white perch are to small for his taste.  I guess some people just don't understand.  Sorry about the pictures, when Dan and I go back on wednesday we will get some pictures.

#6 Aug-08-10 3:29PM

Ernie
Administrator

doberdog1 wrote:

So when I got back I put some in a cooler and put it in his front door.  An hour later he returned them and said that white perch are too small for his taste.  I guess some people just don't understand.

no comment........ roll

#7 Aug-08-10 7:55PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Mo, did you fillet them for your neighbor? Maybe he meant it's too much work to fillet so many fish? I know I'd rather fillet one big snakehead than 10 WP for the same amount of meat!

Board footer