Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-31-10 6:41PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

MD Farm ponds and shooting.

My step-bro's friend Andy invited us to fish a group of five ponds (among others near him) that he has obtained permission to fish and bring guests.  My step-bro fished there a few weeks back. But first we went to the Cresap Rifle Club range near Frederick.  I put at least 100 rounds of .22LR through my AR-15 and got it pretty well sighted-in at 100yds.  My ammo was really limiting my grouping. 

On the way back there was some smack talk about who would catch the most, biggest, etc.  Last time Steve outfished Andy using just a bitsy minnow.  I figured I'd do pretty well.

We fished from about noon to 4pm.  Not exactly primetime.  But the fish obliged and right away Steve caught a 13.5" slab of white crappie on a bitsy minnow.  Andy didn't even realize there where crappie in this pond, the largest of them.  Andy claimed about 10 bass, using a Zum frog.  Steve claimed the same, using a bitsy minnow and some other stuff.  I caught 10 LMB (with pics to prove it) and one BG.  Two qualified as dinks, the rest punks in the 11-13" 1lb+ range.  The first few were on a bitsy minnow.  That was too easy so I switched to a Rage Tail Craw on a weedless jig.  A steady retrieve above the grass got the next.  Tried a Senko and swimbait with no luck then started working around the pond with a bitsy minnow.  8 LMB from the big pond before the bite seemed to have died. 

Then on to a lower pond that the big one drains into. First was a dink on bitsy minnow.  I noticed lots of small sunfish along of shore of this pond and figured the swim bait would be a good choice here.  First cast of it got a 13"er. I didn't get to fish this pond long before we left.  I still need to fish the rest of the ponds.  One has a bunch of wood sticking out of it in the middle of it which looks promising. 

Andy said the biggest he's caught is 5lbs and he has the pics to prove it. Maybe next time.

Board footer