Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-28-10 9:31AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

GCR

Is GCR open for fishing again? I fished it before it was shutdown due to "terrorist" concerns around 9/11. It also seemed to happen about the time they shut down BDR when people were constantly getting their vehicle broken by MS-13 members/wannabe members.  I had thought about floating down GC from BDR but you never know what is in between there or what kind of trespassing issues I might run into.

#2 Jul-28-10 10:13AM

Sixspeedsam
Website

Re: GCR

Is GCR Goose Creek? If so, you can fish no problem. Same goes for Beaverdam. Do the two bodies of water even connect?

I've always wanted to fish the dam in Goose Creek near the water plant - but that road that leads you down is closed. Wonder if it is illegal to simply go down and fish (my guess is probably, which is why I've never driven down...)?

#3 Jul-28-10 10:23AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

As far as I know GCR is still closed. I have fished from BDR to sycolin road bridge ruins, floated down and paddled back up. It is all private on both sides of the river. The flow is real slow this time of year and It is also a lot farther then you would think.

smile

#4 Jul-28-10 10:29AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Sixspeedsam wrote:

Do the two bodies of water even connect?

Kind of, they connect at the head and there is an out flow at the dam. You would have to portage over the dam.

smile

#5 Jul-28-10 10:31AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Sixspeedsam wrote:

Is GCR Goose Creek? I always wanted to fish the dam in Goose Creek near the water plant - but that road that leads you down is closed.

The dam is what makes GCR

smile

#6 Jul-28-10 10:34AM

Ernie
Administrator

As Jeff said, you can fish Goose Creek above the dam but you need to put in upstream. I used to fish GCR way back in the day but our terrorist friends put an end to that.

My then 3 year old son Jon once caught an 8-9 lb carp right below the bike path bridge. We were usisng corn as bait. We had an audience watch him get dragged into the water trying to stop teh beast!

I used to ride my bike with him in the jump seat and 2 fishing poles strapped to the sides (looked like antenae). And no, I did not use a Cuban Yo Yo!

And yes, Beaverdam Creek flows in to the Goose.

Time to go fishin' again!

#7 Jul-28-10 10:57AM

Sixspeedsam
Website

Great info - thank you.

I never realized that the reservoir hooked into Goose Creek. Looking at the aerial maps ... looks like the portage wouldn't be so bad smile

#8 Jul-28-10 12:00PM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Yup, was talking about goose creek reservoir. I was trying not to spell it out. As much as I love to hate BDR, I'm afraid that it will soon be the next burke lake with respect to fishing pressure.

#9 Jul-28-10 2:50PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Wait, so what are we talking about?

#10 Sep-07-13 3:37PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

I think the road may be open to the reservoir.  I saw a guy in the reservoir in a small boat.  When I got down by the dam I saw his pickup and trailer parked there.

Anyone want to guess how deep the water is near the dam?

Board footer