Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-14-06 3:21PM

Ernie
Administrator

4-14-06 Curly catches MONSTER blue cat!

Curly and I went out early again (on the water by 5:30 AM) to go after stripers up at Fletcher's. However, this was not going to pan out! Things have been a little goofy at Fletcher's this year. The lack of rain has the water gin clear with little or no current. The stripers today were not going to cooperate.

But we always come prepared to catch another species or two. We spent hours trying to catch white perch to take home and herring to use as bait. Last week we caught over 100 white perch...today we caught maybe 15! We did manage to catch a few herring which we proceeded to use for bait.

The day was slow, slow and even slower. But then, Curly latched on to a 29 pound blue cat on my brand new (won it at the CCA banquet) striper spinning rod. The fight was on! We managed to land him and take a few pictures.

Needless to say, I needed a bit of pullage myself. A few minutes later, I got on to one on an old lightweight bass rod that Curly brought. No way was I going to land his big one! But we did, and the blue cat went over 21 pounds.

It was a great day with very nice weather.

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer