Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-18-10 3:41PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Library Pond - Claiborne PKWY Pond

I hit the Library Pond today for the first time ever and was pleasantly surprised by the fishing. I ended up with seven with the biggest going about 1.5lbs. I saw a couple of other decent fishin and a TON of fingerling bass. I guess the reproduction cycle is doing well there. I do fear that all those small fish may hurt the growing ability of the population.

I left there and went over to another small pond off of Claiborne PKWY. Not more than ten seconds after my first cast....CRASH! Unfortunately, it was two cars and not a big fish. I ran up the hill and checked on the people. All were okay, but I put a call into 911 to get some publicly provided support. It took 12 minutes for the first responders to arrive. 20 minutes for the Sherriff's Office to arrive. Pretty shoddy in my opinion...but oh well.

I went back to the pond and milled around for about 30 minutes picking off one small keeper and that was about it.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#2 Jul-18-10 4:00PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Library Pond - Claiborne PKWY Pond

Good work on working the accident scene....

I made a call to the Sheriff on Saturday at 6:45 AM. A motorist tried to intimidate a cyclist....no one was on the road but this car. I pulled up to the cyclist and asked if he was OK....he was and I knew him. I then followed the perpetrator for a bit while I called the cops. I hope they had a nice chat with him. What a jerk! No need for that nonsense. A Mercury Marquis is no match for an 18 pound bike!

Oh...good work on the catching too!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer