Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-31-07 7:53PM

Ernie
Administrator

Bay fishing at its best!

A couple of friends of mine got a chance to fish the bay on Saturday AM.  They hit some shallow areas in the morning and did OK....but not great.  As the sun was rising, they decided to run out to the rip line at the mouth of the Pax and poke around.  It didn't take long.  There was a hornets nest of birds probably 2 miles away.

They ran over and start catching right away.  One of them even caught a fluke on the fly in about 24 feet of water...  near the rip line.  Then they fired up the motor and ran about a mile or two and "that's when we saw them...  maybe 2 or 3 bazillion breaking fish.  It was silly.  the noise from the breakers sounded like clapping at a sporting event. "

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/7722/breakersom4.jpg

At one point, they had a school of anchovy hiding under the boat....they could see down about 5 feet.  One of the guys said that "out of the abyss, hundreds of stripers would rise straight up and attack...then return to the depths just as fast.  The experience was amazing."

Incredible!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Aug-01-07 4:53AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Bay fishing at its best!

Let's talk after I get back from the Outer Banks!

Ernie

#3 Aug-27-08 4:54PM

trindadschool

Wow! What an amazing story! Awesome pic! Were you able to actually fish for stripers?
Ramesh

#4 Aug-27-08 4:56PM

Ernie
Administrator

I have seen this type of a activity a few times in my life....and YES, the fishing was spectacular!

Ernie

#5 Jun-08-09 9:22AM

BassMasterP

That is just too cool!  I would love to see that in person.

Board footer