Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-03-10 8:07PM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

2 More Fatties

Broke outta work early today and met a friend of mine at a private subdivision lake. We started off by trying our hand at some bedding fish he had found the other day, but they were not interested in our offerings so we moved on.
Overcast skies and some surface activity ahead of us prompted me to tie on a bone-white super spook jr. Caught a small one on the first cast and never looked back. Ended up with about a dozen, the biggest 5 prolly going about 15lbs. Most were taken around docks or submerged timber. Also caught one on a jig and threw around a buzzer, but everything else came on the spook.
Most of the fish we saw were up shallow near spawning zones, but interestingly enough the two big ones were off deep, mainlake points. One was suspended over deep water under an overhanging tree, and the other came out from under a dock.
My buddy caught em pretty good on jigs and spinnerbaits. He had a shot at a big one too, unfortunately it came off before he could get it in. Lots of fun for sure, hopefully I will get the invite again sometime soon.

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu153/mikelup82/bfc1_050310.jpg
http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu153/mikelup82/bfc2_050310.jpg
http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu153/mikelup82/bfc3_050310.jpg

Last edited by purpleworm (May-05-10 10:01AM)

#2 May-04-10 5:37AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 2 More Fatties

Nice Piggies!!! I neeed me a spook fish!

#3 May-04-10 6:08AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

I don't think so. There are boats in the water in the background and home owners getting ready to get on the water (or am I seeing things?) Last I heard, even land owners can't have boats in the water. Be tough hiding that pontoon from the authorities...

#4 May-04-10 6:22AM

Ernie
Administrator

Nice piggies Mike!

That lake brings back memories.....I know every nook and cranny of that place! I may have caught that bass' granddaddy many years ago.

You can't fish there unless you own property on the lake.

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 May-04-10 9:54AM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

It looks like one of the Reston Association lakes, like Lake Audabon

#6 May-04-10 10:24AM

Ernie
Administrator

Bass Hunter wrote:

It looks like one of the Reston Association lakes, like Lake Audabon

Nice try......Mike will NEVER tell!

#7 May-04-10 1:29PM

Ernie
Administrator

Curly wrote:

Most definately ???.  I should have looked at the pics more closely the first time.

Nice try!!

#8 May-04-10 7:46PM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

Curly you are a fine fishing forum detective.

I will probably remove these posts tomorrow so as not to upset the folks over there. They are very particular about that lake, and often give my friend a hard time about fishing it, even though as a resident he has every right to be there.

The last thing any of us want is for the residents/HOA there or anywhere else to use posts on this forum as a cause of trespassing, vandalism etc. Hope you all enjoyed the post and pics.

Last edited by purpleworm (May-05-10 10:03AM)

#9 May-05-10 3:29AM

Ernie
Administrator

purpleworm wrote:

Curly you are a fine fishing forum detective.

I will probably remove these posts tomorrow so as not to upset the folks over there. They are very particular about that lake, and often give my friend a hard time about fishing it, even though as a resident he has every right to be there.

The last thing any of us want is for the residents/HOA at the lake or anywhere else to use posts on this forum as a cause of trespassing, vandalism etc. Hope you all enjoyed the post and pics.

Agreed......Curly was a good detective on this one but missed the hint "never tell"!

#10 May-05-10 8:23AM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

Will do, thanks for understanding.

Curly the cat in question's name is Milo, and he frequently enjoys lounging in the man cave on my soft plastics collection. Think I posted the pic over the winter to illustrate the fact that I was not the only one in my house with cabin fever. Despite his antics, I've been a bit reluctant to take him out on the water as he craps his cage pretty much everytime we take him out of the apartment.

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu153/mikelup82/DSCF1709.jpg

Last edited by purpleworm (May-05-10 10:06AM)

#11 May-05-10 10:08AM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

Ernie if you could edit your last two posts with proper names in the quotes we should be all set. Thanks!

#12 May-05-10 12:04PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

All is normal in the world...okay, maybe that is an overstatement.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#13 May-06-10 12:31PM

Bud

Maybe it's just me, but why try to keep it a secret...the name was out the other day and I'm sure people didn't jump up from their computers and run over there.  It would be nice to have a little more openess about good locations. 

BTW, If someone really wanted to be a detective, I'm sure you can find a cached page with the information on it. 

And before I get all the crazy responses...I understand why you would want to protect a private pond or private community water.  I'm just saying whether you tell us or not, we still can go to that same spot and determine if we want to break the rule or not, so telling us where doesn't hurt.  What hurts is when people don't obey the rules.  That's on them.  But for the remainder of those that will either find permission or legal ways to fish, then what does it matter?

Just my 2 cents...

#14 May-06-10 12:43PM

Ernie
Administrator

Bud- no crazy responses......

The location protection is more for the person who invites you and may ask you not to disclose. I agree with you about the rules. I know many places to fish that are off limits so I don't go there but that's me.

#15 May-07-10 5:56AM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

I hear ya Bud. Like Ernie said, it's more out of respect for my friend and all the other homeowners than me trying to protect a good spot. I'm sure you and most of our other registered users understand the right way to do things and would not go out and trespass just to catch some good fish. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the thousands of other people out there in cyberspace who are not registered and read these posts.  So I figure it’s just better to keep it anonymous, just in case if something did happen over there the finger could not be pointed this way.

#16 May-07-10 4:58PM

Ernie
Administrator

I deleted some of the posts (others have too) that I felt were a bit close to out of line. If you are going to pick a bone with someone, please do it somewhere else. I am not choosing sides, just trying to keep the peace.

I too am bugged that Andy doesn't post anymore. I miss the great reports and his wit.

My number is listed (Ernesto J Rojas) if anyone needs to talk.

Let's just end this thread here......

Board footer