Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-28-10 7:25AM

RyGuy

Unknown Lake -- Report 04/23/10 <-- i know this is late

I didn't have time to post this until now but, i just wanted to share some info.

Last week i got off early on Friday, i had a difficult choice to make. Gunshow or Fishing, i went fishing.

I started off by visiting a pond i haven't fished in years. Much to my chagrin an abutting housing development has apparently claimed the pond for their own. I don't know if they have the right, but they erected a sign, halfway between a childrens play area, and the pond. Imo, whoever erected this sign did so in a manner that obfuscates the signs meaning. The sign doesn't say "no fishing" and does not clarify the object of the "exclusive use." Nonetheless i didn't feel comfortable fishing there so i went elsewhere.http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3149/4560688408_01b020f843_o.jpg

I drove off aimlessly, and a bit pissed. I decided, i'd explore some of the more recent additions to the suburban maze that is Ashburn. I found 2 small ponds i had not fished before. Neither pond had signs posted, but the one i fished was further away from the housing development. The pond looked decent enough, LOTS of ticks, and enough algae in some areas to make the color look a little like pea soup. I landed the 2 fish below within 1 hour, and caught a bunch of smaller fish. Bass, crappie, and bluegill.

I know a lot of you, like me, don't have a lot of extra time to go "exploring" but the results of this excursion were well worth the time. It would be interesting to see what we'd pull up if we weren't able to fish the ponds we could see from the Ashburn Boulevard. 

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3291/4560058121_930828e1cd_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3405/4560057975_43abb4252d_o.jpg

#2 Apr-28-10 10:39AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: Unknown Lake -- Report 04/23/10 <-- i know this is late

I hate ticks........

Exploration is good for sure and you are right, it is all about getting the motivation to do it.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#3 Apr-28-10 3:42PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

I use google maps to create a map of fishing spots. I can add locations, find new spots to explore, and add pictures and notes about each spot. It's a great tool

#4 Apr-29-10 7:13AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Dominion Dan wrote:

I use google maps to create a map of fishing spots. I can add locations, find new spots to explore, and add pictures and notes about each spot. It's a great tool

Now that's dedication!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#5 Apr-29-10 7:21AM

Ernie
Administrator

He he he......

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 Apr-29-10 7:59AM

flippin4it
Northern Snakehead

That map is awsome....

#7 Apr-29-10 10:49AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Over the past couple years me and a few friends have compiled hundreds of fishing locations throughout the state. Unfortunately, the map does not include many Loudoun County locations other than the obvious.

It really is a great tool. I recommend it for anyone who wants to maintain a database and explore different locations.

Board footer