Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-25-10 11:54AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Cedar 5lb'er!!!

Went out to Cedar and Beech to fish in the rain....uh, yea, no rain, but plenty of sun. Ran into Flippin-4-it and we started chatting. We headed off our separate ways and met back at Cedar. He said he was going home, but apparently not before he hooked into a nice fish. At that point we were on opposite sides of Cedar, but I had a camera and scale, so I ran around the lake to weigh the fish. She weighed in at 5lbs and was worthy of a photo op. Here they are...don't they make a nice couple?!

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k385/cozuf2001/Rob_5lb_Cedar_Bass_042510.jpg

Well done!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#2 Apr-25-10 12:45PM

flippin4it
Northern Snakehead

Re: Cedar 5lb'er!!!

Hit up some ponds in Ashburn this morning. Landed 21 total (a few 2-3lbs with one 4 and one five)with many missed (hard to see floro in those conditions), broke off 1 on a short line hook set and had a Big Mamma getting off at the bank (7lbs is my best guess) while trying to lip her.Almost pulled a Jerry Maguier on the bank, but was able to just swear my way through it! Cranked 5 of them and pitched for 16. Weapons of choice, Sub Wart, Chigger Craw, Roboworm Pitchin' Kraw and C.O.T Jig. The C.O.T Jig caught the most. Largest landed weighed 5lbs came out of lilly pads. 1 fish came off a bed. The rest off rocks and culverts. Sun came out and the party was over!! Pic of the biggie is on Pacemaker. CozUF2001 took the pic and had a scale. Many thanks to RobVT3 for the heads up and to CozUF2001 for the hustle with the camera and scale....

Last edited by flippin4it (Apr-25-10 1:38PM)

#3 Apr-25-10 12:47PM

flippin4it
Northern Snakehead

I need to shave.....Maybe? cool

#4 Apr-25-10 1:16PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

nice fish Rob!

#5 Apr-25-10 1:17PM

Ernie
Administrator

Good teamwork and nice fish Rob!

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 Apr-25-10 1:34PM

flippin4it
Northern Snakehead

Thanks gentlemen, Heck of a day to say the least.

#7 Apr-25-10 1:49PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

flippin4it wrote:

I need to shave.....Maybe? cool

lol Maybe a little trim up. lol

Nice fish!

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#8 Apr-25-10 2:59PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Keep the beard, just shave your head...

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#9 Apr-25-10 3:47PM

flippin4it
Northern Snakehead

I will be getting the summer/marine cut here soon....LOL

#10 Apr-25-10 8:14PM

RobVT3

flippin4it wrote:

Hit up some ponds in Ashburn this morning. Landed 21 total (a few 2-3lbs with one 4 and one five)with many missed (hard to see floro in those conditions), broke off 1 on a short line hook set and had a Big Mamma getting off at the bank (7lbs is my best guess) while trying to lip her.Almost pulled a Jerry Maguier on the bank, but was able to just swear my way through it! Cranked 5 of them and pitched for 16. Weapons of choice, Sub Wart, Chigger Craw, Roboworm Pitchin' Kraw and C.O.T Jig. The C.O.T Jig caught the most. Largest landed weighed 5lbs came out of lilly pads. 1 fish came off a bed. The rest off rocks and culverts. Sun came out and the party was over!! Pic of the biggie is on Pacemaker. CozUF2001 took the pic and had a scale. Many thanks to RobVT3 for the heads up and to CozUF2001 for the hustle with the camera and scale....

Great looking fish!  I'm glad I was able to help!  Let me know next time you make it out this way, and I'll try to join you.

#11 Apr-26-10 5:36AM

flippin4it
Northern Snakehead

Rob, thats a deal...That whole deal at the pond you told me about went just like you said it would. To catch 19 from there and 14 of them keepers. I tend to like those odds. Due to dingy water I never saw any of them.   At Cedar the water is really clear and I only pitched to keepers, There a lot of catchable dinks.

Board footer