Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-04-10 3:14PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Cascades 4/4

Since I was in the area for Easter at my sister's I brought along my fishing gear and fished the pond by Home Depot.  The water clarity isn't too bad, a little more than 2 feet it seems.  Not long after getting started, while reeling in my lure I noticed some grass moving just in front of me, it was a bass bumping into it.  Just about as soon as I noticed it, it took off.  I saw at least four large goldfish/koi, whatever you want to call them, cruising around.  I managed to snag one with a square-bill Bomber crankbait.  It took off and was doing a good job at emptying my reel.  Figured I better start fight back and then it managed to free itself.  I saw it again later farther down the shore.  I was working spinnerbaits, a spoon, Bomber A, a swim bait and a plastic worm a few times.

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/274681/GF.JPG

I had a sure hit on a white spinner bait.  Tried it a few more times but nothing.  Switched to a black one and eventually got this 14" LMB at 12:10pm, about an hour after the minor.

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/274681/HD-LMB.JPG

#2 Apr-04-10 5:27PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Cascades 4/4

Very nice.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Apr-04-10 6:30PM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

Nice job T!

I lived right by there for years and fished all those little ponds many times, never caught anything but bluegill. Well done sir!

#4 Apr-04-10 6:54PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

drove past those many times..never even thought of fishin them lol

Nice job!

#5 Apr-04-10 7:14PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

The pond on the other side of Cascades Pkwy has signs saying 'no fishing' and other stuff.  This one is fair game though as evidenced by the discarded nightcrawler containers and other trash.  I figure as long as it's been there, there ought to be some lunkers in there now.  It, like most of ponds around here, used to be really muddy because of all the construction and runoff.  I never really thought to fish them while growing up.

So what do goldfish like?  Giant flakes? LOL  Maybe corn?  I'd like to catch one of those.  Lures spooked them.

Board footer