#1 Mar-14-10 8:28PM

Eweezy

Missing posts

Where did all the other posts go?

#2 Mar-15-10 4:57AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Missing posts

I believe they were deleted so as not to encourage trespassing. Probably best to ask Ernie.

#3 Mar-15-10 6:54AM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

Looks like all of Andy's posts are gone. Hmm...

#4 Mar-15-10 7:11AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Dominion Dan wrote:

I believe they were deleted so as not to encourage trespassing. Probably best to ask Ernie.

That may very well be the case. Private ponds are private for a reason, but some don't care about those limitations (not Andy, others). Better safe than sorry for this reputable forum.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#5 Mar-15-10 8:00AM

Eweezy

Dominion Dan wrote:

What happened to all the posts Ernie?

#6 Mar-15-10 8:30AM

Ernie
Administrator

Eweezy- I just messed up your post!! I was trying to quote and I edited by error....sorry!

I think you were questioning why Trespassing when he was fishing legally.

Here is my answer to your question- No clue! I responded to Curly's post and then he deleted the thread. A little while later, all if not most of Andy's stuff was gone....he must have purged them. I can't control that.

Time to go fishin' again!

#7 Mar-15-10 8:41AM

Eweezy

Pacemaker wrote:

Eweezy- I just messed up your post!! I was trying to quote and I edited by error....sorry!

I think you were questioning why Trespassing when he was fishing legally.

Here is my answer to your question- No clue! I responded to Curly's post and then he deleted the thread. A little while later, all if not most of Andy's stuff was gone....he must have purged them. I can't control that.

Andy wasn't trespassing I'm not sure who said he was. 

I just spoke to Andy and he said he didnt delete anything.  Someone must of really been jealous to delete all of Andy's posts.

#8 Mar-15-10 9:17AM

Ernie
Administrator

The "trespassing" comment was from Dan's comment "so as not to encourage trespassing".

Something weird is going on......I am not a computer expert but I think someone is messing with the system.  I just wish it would stop so we can move on. I am really sorry about Andy's posts....they were classic and enjoyed by all.

#9 Mar-15-10 9:36AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Well there was the thread the other night about not trespassing at BCC or LVE and the next day the posts were gone. I just assumed it was related...

#10 Mar-15-10 10:24AM

Ernie
Administrator

Someone out there deleted all of Curly's and Andy's posts....real nice. Thanks for the memories.....yes, I am taking it personally!

#11 Mar-15-10 10:49AM

Eweezy

Pacemaker wrote:

Someone out there deleted all of Curly's and Andy's posts....real nice. Thanks for the memories.....yes, I am taking it personally!

Are you the only one with administrator rights Ernie?

#12 Mar-15-10 11:06AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Eweezy wrote:

Pacemaker wrote:

Are you the only one with administrator rights Ernie?

I used to have some admin rights about 2-3 years ago, when the porrn spamers were hitting the site pretty hard. Long since forgotten that password after Ernie put tougher spam controls into use.

I got hacked this morning sad .  Saw that some of my posts were deleted around 10 am.  Then got an automated email from the Pacemaker site that I had changed my password.......but didn't tell me what it was changed to.  Problem was I didn't change it.  I was locked out.  Eventually the hacker was able to delete all my posts and me.  That's what I get for having a weak password.  The hacker is an unregistered guest on this forum........I know their voice.......just not their name and face.  Nice work dude........You will not break my new password. lol

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#13 Mar-15-10 11:25AM

Ernie
Administrator

My son and I have access as does Cory, the webmaster.  I saw stuff happen yesterday at 6 PMish that may or may not line up with all of the details that have been discussed so I am going to drop it since I don't have the time nor the firepower (computer expertise, CSI, FBI, CIA, DIA, NCIS etc) to look into it.

#14 Mar-15-10 11:31AM

Ernie
Administrator

Curly wrote:

I used to have some admin rights about 2-3 years ago, when the porrn spamers were hitting the site pretty hard. Long since forgotten that password after Ernie put tougher spam controls into use.

There was a time that when one registered they became an instant member. I was traveling and got a call from Curly to take a look at the Forum (which I could not since I was not near a PC). It had been hammered with fishing! Anyway, that's why I have the registration closed and even when one signs up, I have to let him/her become a member so they can begin to post. I have always tried to steer the content of the Forum to a "G" rating.

#15 Mar-15-10 11:51AM

Ernie
Administrator

That was my secret............

#16 Mar-15-10 11:59AM

Eweezy

Wow, hackers on a fishing forum?  Some people have to much time on their hands.

#17 Mar-15-10 4:29PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

seems pretty coincidental, all in all

#18 Mar-15-10 5:14PM

Ernie
Administrator

Weird is about all I can say......there is still some deleting going on.....I hope that he, she or it just stops.....leave my innocuous Forum alone.

#19 Mar-15-10 5:27PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

Weird is about all I can say......there is still some deleting going on.....I hope that he, she or it just stops.....leave my innocuous Forum alone.

Ernie - I deleted two of my posts on this thread about an hour ago............so not to give away one of your security features......

#20 Mar-15-10 5:30PM

Ernie
Administrator

Ahhhhhh....feel better already. I didn't bother to look.

Here's the deal...from tomorrow until Saturday, we will experiance specatcular weather. Let's go out and fish and post away! I will have a report from Lake Anna (Saturday).

#21 Mar-15-10 5:47PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

..............Here's the deal...from tomorrow until Saturday, we will experiance specatcular weather. Let's go out and fish and post away! I will have a report from Lake Anna (Saturday).

Go get'em fellas.  I'm coaching track after my real job now, and do not get home until dark.  I'll still comment on your fish pics when I get home in the evening big_smile .

#22 Mar-16-10 6:46AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Curly wrote:

Pacemaker wrote:

..............Here's the deal...from tomorrow until Saturday, we will experiance specatcular weather. Let's go out and fish and post away! I will have a report from Lake Anna (Saturday).

Go get'em fellas.  I'm coaching track after my real job now, and do not get home until dark.  I'll still comment on your fish pics when I get home in the evening big_smile .

Even after Daylight Savings Time and practice you won't have time? It is light to 730 now!

#23 Mar-16-10 7:04AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Got home about 8 pm yesterday.  Work from 6:30-4:00, BRHS track practice 4:00-6:15 (M-F), youth track club practice (2x a week) 6:30-7:30............long days for the next couple of months...........

#24 Mar-16-10 7:23AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

So basically you are going to miss the spawn bite unless you fish on the weekends....tough to swallow.

#25 Mar-16-10 3:29PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

look for the pequod on lake ashburn by sunday

looks like a rusty beer can, but doesnt float as well

Board footer