Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-12-10 4:24PM

Ernie
Administrator

Major flood on the way.....

I just received a couple of emails regarding the major flooding that appears imminent on the Potomac River. This event will force many smallies into the canal as they seek refuge from the current.

Ben Hynes is requesting folks interested in volunteering to help him in a coordinated effort to help those fish back into the main river once the water levels drop (will trap many big fish in the canal).

It is projected that the gauge at Point of Rocks will hit as high as 32 feet! As Ben says, "this will put many smallies into the canal.  The canal will ultimately lock them in and once waters drop they will be trapped. Our plan is simple...seine,throw net and electro shock them up and return them to main body of river."

If you are interested, contact Ben Hynes- fishpotomac@msn.com

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Mar-13-10 4:58AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Major flood on the way.....

that sounds like a lot of fun actually....just to see what monsters are in there. I guess fishing the canals is out of the question? big_smile

#3 Mar-13-10 1:18PM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

That does sound cool. I may shoot this guy an email...

#4 Mar-13-10 1:46PM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

can we fish em out?!?!?!

#5 Mar-13-10 2:39PM

Ernie
Administrator

purpleworm wrote:

That does sound cool. I may shoot this guy an email...

Ben is a good guy....manages the Dick's in Martinsburg WV. They say it's worth going out to see the fishing section because he has it stocked right.

Thai wrote:

can we fish em out?!?!?!

The water will be very stained but I am sure you can try and for you, it will be worth it. They want to get the fish out and back to the river before the canal levels drop off (happens fairly quick).

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer