Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#26 Mar-16-10 2:01PM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Sat, 3/20, Weather permitting........explore the Potomac (Pohick Bay)

Pacemaker wrote:

Andrew,

The tourney is over at 3.....lots of yappin' after so I don't see leaving until 4 PM and then teh long drive home. Australia? NICE!!

Here is the list:

Fishing- me, Dan, Coz
Dangling- Andrew
Waiting- Charlie, Thai

I don't want to dangle sad I think its better I keep my day open and not chance stranding my parents at the airport (poor english).

Charlie's in!

I really hate how there's always something preventing me from going on Ernie's boat...

This is the first vacation my parents have had in probably 5 years so best not to end it on a sour note by not showing up the airport!

Will you guys actually be participating in the tourny?

#27 Mar-16-10 4:07PM

Ernie
Administrator

Yes...we are participating in the NHBA tourney from my CC boat! I always get laughed at (2 previous tourneys) but what the heck...it's a fun tourney ($10 entry fee) so we have nothing to lose. It's just funny seeing my boat among all of the sleek bass boats. Also, I think we will be the only boat with more than two participants!

Sorry you can't make it but there will be other opportunities!!

Now I get to dangle Thai....Charlie may have a back seat opportunity so as soon as I hear from him, I will know if we have an opening.

Here is the lnew ist:

Fishing- me, Dan, Coz
Waiting- Charlie, Thai

Time to go fishin' again!

#28 Mar-16-10 7:02PM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Guys:

I am going down on Friday to test my boat after getting it out of the shop.  I wouldn't mind having some company. Plan to leave at O'Dark Thirty Friday morning, pick up boat, fish until about 5 p.m., load boat, head to John Decker's place for dinner and then to my nephew's house for the night.

No beds left at the house, but plenty of floor space

Anyone interested in keeping me company?

Charlie Taylor.......

Charlie NHBA.........

#29 Mar-16-10 7:06PM

Ernie
Administrator

I can't go due to this work thing I have going on.....nice offer though.

Learn from the master!

If I were Dan.....I would do this in a heartbeat!! Then he can tell us where the fish are or http://www.mccotterslakeanna.blogspot.com/

#30 Mar-16-10 7:13PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

I can't either. I'm taking care of a dog that will need walked/fed Friday evening and Saturday morning.

Ernie, I tried to find some intel with my charting program on my computer but the stupid thing doesn't have any contours for the warm side!!! It's got contours for the cool side but nada for the warm.

#31 Mar-16-10 7:21PM

Ernie
Administrator

Dominion Dan wrote:

the stupid thing doesn't have any contours for the warm side!!! It's got contours for the cool side but nada for the warm.

We'll just look for the glow in the water..............

#32 Mar-16-10 7:33PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

This area?  Or do you need more?

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/270045/LakeAnna.jpg

Last edited by T. (Mar-16-10 7:33PM)

#33 Mar-16-10 8:14PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

T, that's awesome. Any chance you could post some more from south of there?

#34 Mar-16-10 8:20PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

I am supposed to get a call about a backseat...will keep you up to date as soon as I hear.  I will send you some info I got from Ken Kirk Mr. Rojas..spent like 30 min on the phone with him..

#35 Mar-16-10 9:20PM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

Charlie NHBA wrote:

I am going down on Friday to test my boat after getting it out of the shop.  I wouldn't mind having some company. Plan to leave at O'Dark Thirty Friday morning, pick up boat, fish until about 5 p.m., load boat, head to John Decker's place for dinner and then to my nephew's house for the night.

No beds left at the house, but plenty of floor space

Anyone interested in keeping me company?

I'd feel like a fool not to take Mr. Taylor up on this offer!

Charlie, I will talk to my boss tomorrow and see if I can get Friday off. Unfortunately I have to be back here Friday evening, but I can just follow you down in my car and drive back after 5. I'll email you tomorrow morning and let you know... Thanks!

Mike

#36 Mar-16-10 9:43PM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Who is this MR. TAYLOR?

Charlie NHBA.........

#37 Mar-17-10 5:44AM

Ernie
Administrator

Charlie NHBA wrote:

Who is this MR. TAYLOR?

The young men on this Forum respect their elders especially the ones that know how to fish...that's right Mr. Taylor!!  cool

#38 Mar-17-10 1:37PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie errrr Mr. Rojas, smile

Which route are you taking to get there? 29/15 or I-95. Google directions say the quickest way for me is I-95 but the quickest way for you guys in Ashburn is 29/15.

I also have to figure out if I can get back quickly enough to take care of the dog I'm watching. I may end up driving separately so I can leave with enough time to get back before he craps all over the house or something!

#39 Mar-17-10 2:13PM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

Charlie I'm in! Email sent.

#40 Mar-17-10 2:47PM

Ernie
Administrator

Dominion Dan wrote:

Ernie errrr Mr. Rojas, smile

Which route are you taking to get there? 29/15 or I-95. Google directions say the quickest way for me is I-95 but the quickest way for you guys in Ashburn is 29/15.

I also have to figure out if I can get back quickly enough to take care of the dog I'm watching. I may end up driving separately so I can leave with enough time to get back before he craps all over the house or something!

I usually take 95......I will look at the directions.

We will be in by 3 and you can take off from there. I will hang around a bit for the weigh in but should be on the road by 4ish.

#41 Mar-17-10 3:12PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Looks like I might head down by myself so I can get back in time. I'll need to walk the dog around 5, especially since I will have to walk him so early in the morning.

Will there be enough room for me to park down there?

#42 Mar-17-10 6:07PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

The forecast for Saturday looks AWESOME

#43 Mar-17-10 6:32PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

I have a ride...

#44 Mar-17-10 6:40PM

Ernie
Administrator

Coz and I will take 66 to 29 and so on.....we should get there at 7 on the nose....a little worried about a full lot though!

The moon is right and the major is after the tourney is over, go figure!

#45 Mar-17-10 6:48PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

you think we'll run out of parking Ernie? Is there somewhere else I could park down there?

where are we meeting?

Mr. Taylor, do you have any idea if there will be an extra space for me to park my car if I drive separately?

Last edited by Dominion Dan (Mar-17-10 6:52PM)

#46 Mar-17-10 6:49PM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

Dan said there was an open seat now? Im in!

#47 Mar-17-10 6:59PM

Ernie
Administrator

Thai- There are only 2 seats on my boat...one for me and the 3 of you can fight for the other one. Of course, the cooler has a padded top so 2 of you can share that. How are you getting there (don't know where you live).?

Dan- We'll get the parking squared away somehow. I am sure a car can be parked on the street. We will need to meet there but can figure it out later.

I think we need to stick to 2 rods as much as that pains me.......otherwise we will have 8 rods sticking out the back, no fun trying to work around them.

Disclaimer- I have not started the boat since Dec. 30....as a matter of fact, the only time I have been near it was to drive it form one fix it place to another last week. The fix it was for the trailer. I will work on it Friday afternoon (I will get it then)....let's just hope all is well after being uncovered for that much time.

#48 Mar-17-10 7:01PM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

Im riding down with Dan if there's room, but if there isnt room thats fine, I know it's not fun fishing on a crowded boat, I'll just fish the reservoir like previously planned

Last edited by Thai (Mar-17-10 7:06PM)

#49 Mar-17-10 8:46PM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Gentlemen:

No Fighting!!! 

While it isn't a sure thing, we normally have one or two boats show up with no passenger. If this is the case, we will shift partners around to fill the boats.

We are limited in parking at the ramp by the 14 ramp permits we have.  However, my nephew's house is just a hop, skip and a jump from the ramp and we can park additional vehicles there.

DIRECTIONS:

a. Take I-66 west approximately 20 miles to Gainesville, Route 29 South. Follow Route 29 approximately 36 miles, past Warrenton and Culpeper to US 3. Turn left onto US 3, go approximately 1/4 mile and turn right onto Route 522. Continue on Route 522, approximately 35 miles, to Route 208. Turn left at Dickinson General Store onto Route 208 and follow until you see a crossroads with a sign reading “North Anna Visitors Center”.  Turn right onto Kentucky Springs Road, Route 652. Follow Route 652 7.8 miles, across the railroad tracks, through the flashing light at Route 700, across Dike three and past Elk Creek Store on the left. Turn right at Bohannon Road. Proceed .3 miles and turn right on Cuckoos Nest Drive. Follow this to the dead end and turn right onto Elnor Road. Elnor Road will dead end at the ramp.

b. Take I-95 South, past Fredericksburg, to Thornburg exit, Route 606. Turn right on Route 606, continuing 8 miles to Route 208. Turn left onto Route 208 and follow until after you cross the main lake. Continue to Route 652, the first left after crossing the lake. When you pass Anna Coves on the right, slow down, as you will have to make a U turn to the left to get on Route 652, Kentucky Springs Road. Follow Route 652 7.8 miles, across the railroad tracks, through the flashing light at Route 700, across Dike three and past Elk Creek Store on the left. Turn right at Bohannon Road. Proceed .3 miles and turn right on Cuckoos Nest Drive. Follow this to the dead end and turn right onto Elnor Road. Elnor Road will dead end at the ramp.

For those who are going to be parking at the house, pass Cuckoo's Nest Drive, to the third house. This house belongs to my nephew and will be used to stage extra vehicles.

Be sure to be at the ramp before 7 a.m., as the gate will be locked before the tournament can go off. Tournament OOZE OFF is at 7:00 a.m.

Looking forward to seeing a number of you on Saturday morning.

Charlie.........

Charlie NHBA.........

#50 Mar-17-10 8:59PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

excellent!

Board footer