Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-02-10 1:51PM

Ernie
Administrator

The weather........

There is a guy on another board (Tidal Fish) that is a weather nut. Here is his post today about the weather:

Update: Winter storm warning

It's now upgrading to a winter storm warning for tonight and Wednesday morning. They are calling for 3-6 inches with locally up to 8 inches. Please be careful later tonight as the roads will become quickly snow covered because its been so cold.

Also the new run has updated the weekend storm. The new model run has @ 2+ inches of liquid in Balt / DC area. Possibly heavy snow starting late Friday until mid-day Sunday with temps dropping into the low 20's. If these models are correct we are looking at 16-24 inches of snow!! Again we are still 72 hrs away but 75% of the models have us as the BULLSEYE.

Also new model run has another storm on the table for next Tuesday into Wednesday with heavy snow and very cold temps.

Regardless of next week's storm, it will be very cold with the snow pack. Temps for highs early next week will struggle to get to 25, with lows in the single digits and low teens.

Let the predictions start!

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Feb-02-10 1:54PM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: The weather........

Did this guy predict anything last week or the previous blizzard? how accurate was he on those?

#3 Feb-02-10 2:17PM

Ernie
Administrator

He nailed the one in December!

#4 Feb-02-10 4:31PM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

So much for global warming.

Don't worry Al Gore, I'm sure you can get a new gig driving plow trucks for VDOT...

#5 Feb-03-10 5:26AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

purpleworm wrote:

So much for global warming.

Don't worry Al Gore, I'm sure you can get a new gig driving plow trucks for VDOT...

I don't think local weather is a very good indication of global warming. Ask the polar bears what they think of it!

#6 Feb-03-10 6:46AM

Ernie
Administrator

AndrewDo124 wrote:

I don't think local weather is a very good indication of global warming. Ask the polar bears what they think of it!

Yikes! I remember in the 70's, there was a huge outcry that we were polluting too much and that we were about to enter an ice age.

Al Gore is not a scientist so I pay ZERO attention to what he says about the subject but, he is a money making machine.

Nature runs it's course....look at some of the lakes that were formed by melting glaciers!! That was before man invented all the stuff we use now.

OK...no more of this for me, I fell better already.

#7 Feb-03-10 8:10AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Ernie, I'm glad you feel better, but not me. I have a new custom Onno paddle on the way. No way I can test it in the bath tub.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#8 Feb-03-10 9:11AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

You know what's funny? Al Gore owns a company that sells "carbon offsets." So if he guilts you into thinking that by buying offsets you will be doing a favor for the environment that "you" are destroying, you might as well just make the check out to him...

I'm sick of global warming stuff. There's too much sketchy science behind it and now we are seeing that even the UN's climate change group has been altering and omitting data to produce the results they want. Anything with as much dissent as there is about climate change deserves a closer look, not closed-minded ignorance.

Last edited by Dominion Dan (Feb-03-10 9:14AM)

#9 Feb-03-10 10:05AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

This would have been a good year to teach my huskies to pull a sled....

#10 Feb-03-10 10:55AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Predicting the weather is like picking spreads....there is no exact science.

If you prove otherwise, let me know because I am an interested "investor"!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#11 Feb-03-10 2:03PM

fishin4food
Northern Snakehead
Website

There's already a Winter storm watch for this weekend, Looks like a big snow

"
... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING...

* ACCUMULATIONS... THIS STORM IS LIKELY TO PRODUCE 12 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW IN THE WATCH AREA... WITH A GOOD CHANCE FOR LOCALIZED AMOUNTS OVER 20 INCHES.

* TIMING... SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN LATE MORNING FRIDAY... CONTINUING THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING.

* TEMPERATURES... HIGHS IN THE LOWER TO MID 30S FRIDAY. FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY... TEMPERATURES WILL BE 25 TO 30 DEGREES.
"

http://www.weather.com

john.hill.t94@gmail.com

Board footer