Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan-21-10 6:41PM

mudkart
Northern Snakehead

A good day

Played hooky today to fish w/ Andrew Do.  I caught 5 on a drop shot, this was the best...

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu181/mudkart/fish/2010/1-21-a.jpg

The last and best fish was this 3-6 that hit a jerkbait.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu181/mudkart/fish/2010/1-21-b.jpg

These were the baits, a roboworm in Aaron's magic 2 and an X-rap.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu181/mudkart/fish/2010/robo.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu181/mudkart/fish/2010/xrap.jpg

Andrew got three, right?

#2 Jan-21-10 6:49PM

flippin4it
Northern Snakehead

Re: A good day

Super jealous here. Really nice fish.

#3 Jan-21-10 6:50PM

Ernie
Administrator

Nice job gents....glad to the catching reports starting back up!

Was that really Andrew with you? Does he remember how to fish?

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Jan-21-10 8:15PM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

Nice job gents....glad to the catching reports starting back up!

Was that really Andrew with you? Does he remember how to fish?

Not nice! I tried! lol, I got three on drop shot using those new Owner Shiver tail in purple. Thanks to flippin4it for teaching me how to rig and work a dropshot, i think this is my first catch on this technique.

http://www.ownerhooks.com/images/products/Soft_baits/Shiver_Tail/shivertail.jpg

This year will be different! I can feel it!

#5 Jan-22-10 3:30AM

mudkart
Northern Snakehead

Thai wrote:

Glad you guys did well today, today was great for us too, Dan and I had a double on topwater as soon as we got there ;P
We left at noon but I went back to my spot after that with another buddy, landed close to 20 today, also saw the biggest bass Dan & I have ever seen, had to been 7+ and countless 5's & 6's we couldnt get to bite

Also saw a tilapia that had to of been 9lbs plus! Water temps was in the 70s-80s

Hijacking my post w/o pics = LAME.

#6 Jan-22-10 5:38AM

mudkart
Northern Snakehead

Curly wrote:

mudkart wrote:

....................The last and best fish was this 3-6 that hit a jerkbait..............

Better get that scale fixed before you catch a big one lol

Ouch. 

I am a pretty big guy however, and I don't do the "big thumbs" routine by thrusting the fish at the camera. 

Andrew was there.  We thought it was heavier before weighing, but the scale doesn't lie.

#7 Jan-22-10 7:20AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Did I miss the boat on where you all are fishing? Sounds like Texas or Mexico.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#8 Jan-22-10 8:10AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Mike and I were fishing a secret spot of ours in NoVA. Okay, not really. We fished cuatro mile run. We had originally planned to go somewhere else but plans fell through and we decided to stay local.

On that note, i never reported about how I did in mexico!

I'm hijacking Mike's thread cuz I'm cool like that big_smile

Mexico: (riviera maya) looked for a charter that did vertical jigging for grouper,snapper,etc but concierge said they didn't have it (BS) and that only trolling and fly fishing was available. I wanted to fish so I said FINE and did the trolling. We met up with another group of vacationers (a newly wed couple on their honey moon and a nurse and her teenage daughter). Did some quick trolling with those hair jigs for some baitfish and caught a few smaller fish. We then trolled out in search of some amberjacks and barracuda. The daugher hooked up with a nice 36" amberjack that took awhile to land. The newlywed husband caught a barracuda and then the fishing died. they then went to jigging for fish but they did the jigging not us. Hooked up with a few yellow tail snappers, groupers. I'll post pix of this trip if I can find them...but nothing great.

#9 Jan-22-10 8:11AM

mudkart
Northern Snakehead

Thai wrote:

Dan and myself were fishing a secret spot of mine in nova

And no pic's Mike, cant risk giving this spot away, it's too good lol

I'll take you here one day after you sign a confidentiality agreement of course!

Would there be a lot of ducks there?  And the intials of the place be "RR"?

#10 Jan-22-10 8:27AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Yes we did. Wasn't worth the trip to dickersons with just the two of us. He was really just plannin on going there because you had asked to be taken there the next time he went. We just stayed local and enjoyed ourselves. Good company and being able to get away to fish is good enough for me.

#11 Jan-22-10 8:36AM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

Oh if I had known you guys's stayed local I would have invited you guys, I admit I was aprehensive at first want to invite both you and mike to the spot sinc I didnt know you Andrew but after we got there Dan say's that your  god guy. Wish I would have known you guys were not far......

#12 Jan-22-10 8:40AM

flippin4it
Northern Snakehead

It is only one of 2 spots and if I had to gamble I would say RR, My buddy fished it alot last year and I fished it years ago. It is no secret, just a pain to fish from the bank.The water discharge at the power plant is no secret either. All this patting yourself on the back is really getting old......Lets get Rapala Andy out there one time!!!! LOL . I will check it out for myself seeing how I am not a chosen one!!!! LOL

Thai wrote:

mudkart wrote:

Thai wrote:

Dan and myself were fishing a secret spot of mine in nova

And no pic's Mike, cant risk giving this spot away, it's too good lol

I'll take you here one day after you sign a confidentiality agreement of course!

Would there be a lot of ducks there?  And the intials of the place be "RR"?

No and no

Did you guys really just end up fishing four mile?

It's not a very well known spot, I'm on my 94th bass of 2010 thanks to just fihsing 3 days at this spot, reckon 25 or so came from 4mr so thats close to 70 bass in 3 days and these arent dinks either...I plan on using live bait today to hook into the 6's and 7's...yup pretty much the fish i've caught here have been sight fishing

#13 Jan-22-10 9:07AM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

If RR is an abreviation for Somethin run then no it wouldnt be the spot you're talking about... Doesnt start with R... I dont think it is that same, and as old as it may be getting to you, it's a blast for me smile And I would like to get you here but I dont have your number tongue

Last edited by Thai (Jan-22-10 9:24AM)

#14 Jan-22-10 11:02AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Thai's spot is not the power plant. It is also a pain in the butt to get to. Talk about urban hiking...

Anyway, back on topic.

Great fish, Mike. I find myself questioning pics a lot. Sometimes it's very difficult to judge a fish by the picture, there are plenty of times when people post pics on here and I think, "no friggin way that weighed ____" but I know most times it's really impossible to tell from pics (especially pics at weird angles) and I know you and Andrew know what you're doing so you would know if the scale was off by too much.

#15 Jan-22-10 12:10PM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Dominion Dan wrote:

Thai's spot is not the power plant. It is also a pain in the butt to get to. Talk about urban hiking...

Anyway, back on topic.

Great fish, Mike. I find myself questioning pics a lot. Sometimes it's very difficult to judge a fish by the picture, there are plenty of times when people post pics on here and I think, "no friggin way that weighed ____" but I know most times it's really impossible to tell from pics (especially pics at weird angles) and I know you and Andrew know what you're doing so you would know if the scale was off by too much.

you have more faith in me than i do. I carry two scales with me for a reason....lol.

The fish had a gut which you can't see in the picture really.  Regardless of weight, it was a blast to watch Mike work it and for me to try and land it.  I'm no pro so catching something of this size in such a well known spot during this time of the year is an achievement in my book.

Last edited by AndrewDo124 (Jan-22-10 12:55PM)

#16 Jan-22-10 12:45PM

Ernie
Administrator

Andrew- That was one of the coolest thread hijacks I have ever seen......I thought the same as Cos. BTW, I have found that finding guides in Mexico is hard work. I once hired one to take my fly fishing and he showed up with the fattest rods and biggest reels (old too) I had ever seen. I want to see some pics of the trip!

As far as the scale, I am with you on this, if my scale says it, that's all one can go by.

#17 Jan-22-10 12:57PM

mudkart
Northern Snakehead

Here's another pic that's a little better, and its on a scale....

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu181/mudkart/fish/2010/559.jpg

#18 Jan-22-10 1:25PM

Ernie
Administrator

That scale is wrong....could be a 4 pounder!    wink

#19 Jan-22-10 3:52PM

Ernie
Administrator

I will abstain........

#20 Jan-22-10 3:53PM

Ernie
Administrator

The last picture reminds me of Peacock Bass fishing....they love those outflows!

#21 Jan-22-10 5:19PM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

Great fish mike! That manhole is my fav area to fish!

#22 Jan-22-10 5:39PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Curly wrote:

Want to guess the weight on the striper in my avatar on the left?  The photo doesn't do it justice either sad .

UMM.... How long are your arms?

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#23 Jan-23-10 5:05AM

mudkart
Northern Snakehead

Curly wrote:

OK OK OK. big_smile I was only ribbin you tongue.  We've had some bad guestimates on weights on this forum in the past.  That last photo is a better representation!

Nice fish!

Want to guess the weight on the striper in my avatar on the left?  The photo doesn't do it justice either sad .

40?

I've got near zero experience w/ striper so take it easy on me if I'm way off.

#24 Jan-23-10 2:08PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

Curly wrote:

Osprey wrote:

.... How long are your arms?

lol It's up against my chest.  Arms=24", fish =42"

I was accused of having small hands from the photo 2 seasons ago with the 7-11 from Cedar big_smile .  My wife says that in addition to small hands that I have small................................................... .......................................................................feet  lol .

tell us how big ( the fish only please...)

maybe 40 # 's

dunno, cant call em that big

Board footer