Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-21-09 10:30PM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Fishing on Monday, November 23, 2009

I am looking to go fishing on Monday. I had planned to go either to Nomini Creek or Occoquan River. Bass and stripers being the quarry. Will be leaving at oh-dark, thirty and returning by 7 p.m. (I have to work Monday night).

Anyone interested in filling my back seat should contact me via e-mail before 9 p.m. on Sunday evening.

E-Mail: cetaylor2@verizon.net

First Come, First Served.......

Charlie NHBA.........

#2 Nov-22-09 6:35AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Fishing on Monday, November 23, 2009

VERY tempting but I have some appointments I can't break....maybe I need to develop a bad cold!  roll

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Nov-23-09 7:36PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

jeez charlie, i didnt see it, send me an email, would ya?

let us know how you did

#4 Nov-24-09 5:28AM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Since the weatherman was calling for 100% rain and 12-18 knot winds, we elected to put in at Leesylvania State Park and fish the Occoquan River (Occoquan Park does not open until 8 a.m.). After launching and running to the Occoquan River, we checked out the striper areas without success. We then decided that we would just have to be satisfied with largemouth bass.
Between 7 a.m. - 1 p.m., we caught just over 20 largemouth bass on shakey head jigs and spinnerbaits. During this entire time, the tide did not move more than one inch up and down. Evidently, the current in the river was preventing the tide from coming in. During the height of the incoming tide, we actually saw leaves running out of the river.
Strange tidal behavior. At 1 p.m., there was a lull in the rain and we took the opportunity to head back to Leesylvania State Park (where we were the only vehicle in the parking lots). We retrieved and covered the boat, got out of our rainsuits, made ourselves comfortable in the truck with a cup of hot coffee.......and the sky fell out.  Right on time!!!!!
Excellent day.

Charlie NHBA.........

Board footer