Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-26-09 6:36PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Plan B in effect

4am Sunday morning and winds are a mild 3-7 knots out of the NWN. By the time I get to Solomons it is 8-12 NW. By 6:30am launch time it is 15-22 right down the bay North.. Gust to 28 knots and it is time for plan B. Up the Patuxent in the dark to duck the wind behing Broomes Island. Fished the out going of the creek with many topwater hits and some sub legal fish. Fished the clay banks but they where barren since water temps where around 57.

Moved around a bit and bingo birds on a school. Ran to them and cut engine to drift into the school. Caught two of the smallish ones and the bait held under the boat. So they pop up around us as the bait gets broken up. But too many bad casts, tangles and the 25 shots at feeding convicts result in one more fish.. The birds sit down and it is over.

Run south to bay since wind now has layed down. Well we get out there and the waves are 4 foot but I can navigate them. But no birds and we get a few cold wet waves over the side and we are out of there.

Back to bridge as I marked some big fish but it was not meant to be. Did some trolling back up the Patuxent but no love..

It was tough but the goal was achieved. Knowledge shared.

I gave them some BKD's and some custom jig heads for there trip next weekend at CBBT.

No pics sorry

Wait I have one of my dogs.
http://www.indianheadcharters.com/05/56.JPG

Capt Mike

Last edited by captmikestarrett (Oct-26-09 6:43PM)

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Nov-02-09 11:58AM

L1Ranger
Northern Snakehead

Re: Plan B in effect

those must be southern MD porch hounds

now it's yesterday! roll
Ernie

Board footer