Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-25-09 9:15AM

Ernie
Administrator

Learnig how to fish.....

It never stops!

After reading a few of the recent posts I got to thinking about when bass eat. Rapala Andy talked about only fishing for a period of time as he studies when that might be. This is interesting because I do believe the fish eat at certain times....but when? One can try to better their odds by studying the feeding charts, moon phases and all that good stuff. I am impressed with how some of the guys on this board read the water and use tackle and technique.

For me, I just go fishing (I can only go when I can go regardless of conditions) and try to use what I have learned. many times, we will be fishing for perch and striper at dead low tide with no movement yet we will still catch fish. Why? Perhaps the feeding cycle did not coincide with the tides or moon phase. Or perhaps I did a good job of presenting an offering to the fishies.

You guys (Curly, Charlie, bigjeffie, Carl, DD, purpleworm, Coz, Paul Naj, Osprey, L1Ranger, Capt.MikeStarrett, jumpimg jasper, AndrewDo etc), are teaching the next generation.

I sincerely hope that the HS guys are paying attention because the teaching is great as are the pics.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Nov-02-09 3:21PM

flippin4it
Northern Snakehead

Re: Learnig how to fish.....

It's funny you should bring this up. Not only do the older teach the younger. It works the other way. I had a great outing Sunday and used a crankbait that was close to the one used to win the tourney held at the a Ashburn ponds on Saturday..........My stuff was'nt workin'!

Board footer