Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-14-09 6:14PM

Ernie
Administrator

NHBA- Leesylvania Mid Week Tourney

Congratulations to Mike Luparello (purpleworm) on his first tournament win!!

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Oct-15-09 10:01AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: NHBA- Leesylvania Mid Week Tourney

Congrats!

#3 Oct-15-09 10:24AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

way to go Mike!

#4 Oct-15-09 10:41AM

Ernie
Administrator

Mike caught a limit weighing 10.8 pounds....second place was 10# and third place was 8#.

Bigjeffie fished as well but released all of his fish.

#5 Oct-15-09 8:48PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

mike did good

it was tough out there

tony choi put us on good fish in the last 1/2 hour

here i  caught my best on a DT-10. (this bait wouldnt be in my box if it wernt for andy)

I got bit hard two more times on the same point, but didnt connect.

Tony had a good one on but it came unbuttoned.

during the day, tony had 6 good hits on a black horny toad, but didnt connect

he did manage to stick two others on the horny toad.

tony got robbed.

he had the right bait in the right place and got the right bite, but it wasnt meant to be

fishing can be a tough game.

Tony is a great sport, and I am pleased to think of him as my friend

Last edited by bigjeffie (Oct-15-09 8:49PM)

#6 Oct-16-09 6:27AM

Ernie
Administrator

bigjeffie wrote:

Tony is a great sport, and I am pleased to think of him as my friend

Most folks on this board don't know about Tony. He is an amazing individual.

Many years ago, he was shot and became paralyzed. He fishes all the time, out of a wheelchair. Incredible guy!

#7 Oct-16-09 8:55AM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

Thanks guys. We caught most of our fish on creature baits around wood and rock during the outgoing tide. We tried fishing grass in the morning and again during high tide in the afternoon without much success. Seems like most of the shallow stuff has died off, the only green grass we found was in deeper water near the bottom. Many thanks to my partner David for putting us on the fish. Dave is an excellent angler and a great teacher, and I've learned alot about the Potomac fishing with him.

#8 Oct-16-09 10:29AM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Congratulations to both Mike and Dave Smith. This is the ultimate in tournament fishing......first and second place out of the same boat.  They did well.

However, it is not true that most of the shallow stuff has died. The next six places in the tournament came from a shallow grass bed in the Occoquan River. White spinnerbaits, Senkos and blue fleck worms took the fish.

When I pulled in on the grass bed, I started throwing a small white spinnerbait and had a keeper fish on the fourth cast. I then washed the stink off the bait for the next hour or so. I switched off to a Senko, Trick worm, Baby One Minus, Baby Brush Hog, Charlie worm and Jig 'n pig, all with no success. Went back to my spinnerbait and caught roughly 30 bass over the next two hours. Also caught striper, white and yellow perch, catfish and sunfish. That bait is just deadly in the fall.

Expected water temperatures in the low 60s, but found the temperature in the grass bed at 57.8. A substantial drop over the past week. Look for the fish to continue turning on for the fall feed. They are currently chasing shad at the mouths of the creeks, but as the temperature continues to fall, they will move back in the creeks.

Once again, congratulations to Purple Worm for his first place finish.

Charlie NHBA.........

#9 Oct-16-09 10:42AM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

I would also like to thank "Big Jeffie" for his forebearance.  Jeff was supposed to fish with me, but when Tony showed up without a partner, I felt that it was more important for him to have a partner than for me.

For those of you who do not know him, Tony is paralyzed from the waist down and spends all his life in a wheelchair. This doesn't stop him from doing anything he wants to do, including owning and operating his own bass boat, traveling all over the country fishing the paralyzed veterans fishing tour and even building his own garage for boat and truck. Tony is an amazing guy, but should never go out alone. When I asked Jeff to accompany Tony, there was no hesitation. He promptly engaged the idea and set about helping Tony.

While I missed his banter, crazy baits and tossing back fish, I am happy that he got to fish with Tony. In addition, it left a whole lot more fish for me. If Jeffie had fished with me, I probably would not have caught any fish, as his home-made, manufactured-on-the-boat, baits would have snatched them before I got a shot at them.

Thanks again Jeff and hopefully, we will have the chance to fish together again.

Charlie NHBA.........

#10 Oct-16-09 10:50AM

Ernie
Administrator

The posts that you read above are exactly why the New Horizon Bass Anglers is the PREMIER bass club in the area.

I will fish my 1st tourney this year on the 24th down at Lake Anna (with Carl Cisky and Mike Luparello) in my bay boat!  My  bad for waiting so long!

Board footer