Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-06-09 2:24AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

10-5-09 Spa Creek

My neighbor Benton and I launched at noon on Spa Creek. I was anxious to "show-off" the new boat! It was low tide and the wind was too high to attempt a trip upstream to Weems Creek; so we stayed in Spa Creek.

The water temperature was still seventy degrees but the air felt chilly. At each of the usual "honey-holes" it was nada. I knew that low tide usually is not productive; but I also knew that the days of this style of casting UL for white perch would end soon. I don't like the prospect.

When the water temperature drops into the fifties, the WP will head for deep water. This will end my WP beetle-spin fishing for 2009. There was nothing left to do but wait out the changing of the tide. As the water slowly returned, so did the fish!

At sundown we returned to the landing with forty-plus quality WP. There were three hispanic folks sitting on the dock fishing. As I watched them catch a four inch WP, I knew what to do. I needed Ernie! I offered some fish. As  he removed a few from the cooler, one fellow asked "how many?" I said "Take them all." Apparently they had not expected to catch so many fish!

They had only a small plastic bag; so I scrambled around for some more containers. I found three more small bags. It was funny watching us put all these fish in so many small bags.

Oh well, I hope to return to Spa today; if it happens I will report.

#2 Oct-06-09 5:41AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 10-5-09 Spa Creek

Thanks for feeding my cousins!!

You had a beautiful day to fish....

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Oct-06-09 6:09AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 10-5-09 Spa Creek

Thanks for feeding my cousins!!