Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-04-09 6:40AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

10-3-09, Spa & Weems Creeks

Yesterday Mo and I met at 10:30 am and headed to Spa Creek to chase WP. On the way down, Mo said there was probably a big Navy game; the traffic was heavier than usual.

It was Air Force at Navy. We always begin fishing in Spa Creek before heading up the Severn River to Weems Creek. The yachts were moored; the owners and guests had  their favorite team colors prominently displayed.

As we cast between the docks and talked to the homeowners, everyone looked up to see the Air Force Thunderbirds fly over our heads. What an impressive site!

Because of the festivities and nice weather, boat traffic was heavy so we headed up the river to Weems. This was the maiden voyage for the new boat so I was anxious to see how it handled. My friend, Jim Starkey at James River Jets, really understands how to build boats. This is the second boat he has built for me.

Now, on to the fishing. We were working the incoming tide. I prefer the falling tide. At each new spot, we caught several but no real long runs. We found one spot, under a tree, that produced about eight.

We fished about five hours. The "cooler-count" was thirty-six WP. We released about fifteen including four juvenile rockfish.

#2 Oct-04-09 9:23AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 10-3-09, Spa & Weems Creeks

Being a Navy guy, I am glad that they squeaked by the AF.

According to Mo, the new design cuts through the water much better. I am looking forward to fishing out of this new machine.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Oct-04-09 12:32PM

doberdog1

Ernie, we have to take professor Carl to get some rockfish once the Wp's are gone.  I think Carl has found the perfect Wp machine, he was pretty happy yesterday.
love the fish
mo

#4 Oct-04-09 1:21PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

Being a Navy guy, I am glad that they squeaked by the AF.

My dad went to the Academy. He was pretty excited when AF missed that last field goal in overtime.

Board footer