Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-27-09 11:23AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Lake Gaston Tournament 9-25-09

I got a call from a guy in the fishing club telling me his partner could not go to the tournament so he wanted to see if I could fish with him. So I said yes!  I was going fishing for the first time since going to college.

We left Friday since we had to check in at 5 30 am.  We signed in, listened to prefishing meetin, and then got on boat.  The first line blasted off at 7 00 am and were the last at 7 40 am.  There were 40 boats with two college kids with a pro that didnt qualify for day 3 in each boat.  The pro drives the boat and is not allowed to help you at all (places to go, what to use, work the trolling motor,etc.).  All he does it videotape us catching fish.  Each person on a team ways in 3 fish for a combined team total.

So the fishing began and we were exspecting a tough day.  We never fished this before, a lot of the pros caught no fish, and mosst had small weights, and only a couple limits.  We started fishing boat docks and I pulled a bass out of the grass in between the boat docks.  We fished them for about 2 hrs.  We then went looking for some points in the creeks.  I caught a fish that was only 13" so it didn;t count.  Then Ryan (my partner) caught a big onee....it gets to the boat and it is a a bowfin or a snakehead.  He thought he had a biggin.  We fished spots that looked like where I caught my first fish.  With no luck at them we spend the last 2 hrs fishing the stretch of boat docks that I caught my fish on.  I landed another keeper! 

We headed in at 2 10 for the weigh in.  Our pro was positive we would make top 10, and I thought there was no chance with only my two fish to weigh in for the team.  We found out we got 8th with a total of 3 pounds 12 ounces, but no too long later we found out that Shepard University was dq so we got moved up to 7th!  After we found out what we got I was very surprised when the winning team got 10, 000 dollars and the top 5 got money.  Then they gave all of us travel money depending on how far we went.  If we would have caught one more keeper we would have been in the money and qualified for regionals, which is a killer to think about.

We find out when all of the results come out if we qualify for regionals (where they give you a boat to drive in the tournament and its on ESPN).  The top 5 teams qualify, but we know at least one of the teams qualified in an earlier tournament and we do not know all of teams so we are hoping one more didnt qualify.

Anyways it was a great day of fishing!  After 5 weeks of no fishing I was in heaven!

Last edited by redskinsfan360 (Sep-27-09 11:25AM)

#2 Sep-27-09 1:23PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Lake Gaston Tournament 9-25-09

that is FANTASTIC dude!

how has school been going?

#3 Sep-27-09 2:15PM

Ernie
Administrator

Outstanding Charlie!!

All of that work paid off.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Sep-27-09 9:25PM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

Wow what a cool opportunity. Nice work!

#5 Sep-28-09 1:48PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Well we found out a team was disqualified on Sun for going off limits which moved us up to 7th.  Rumor is another one was also disqualifed so we may be up to 6th.  The College trailer wasnt here so its gonna take a little while for the official results.  Its killing us to know if we made it to regionals!!!

#6 Sep-28-09 3:06PM

Ernie
Administrator

I think he knows the new ones like KVD, Ike etc......

Time to go fishin' again!

#7 Sep-28-09 4:05PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Curly wrote:

I can see it now!  Charlie will be a famous fisherman like ............Bill Dance, Roland Martin, Charlie Moore.  A new fishing show will appear on ESPN in the future.............Charlie Moore is old news now.

The "Beat Charlie Hill" Fishing Show. lol  I want to be the first guest! wink

That will never happen...

And if there were a show and you were the first guest the show would go down the tubes...I can see ...it new tv show fisherman gets killed...

And I know all these guys..

Last edited by redskinsfan360 (Sep-28-09 4:06PM)

Board footer