Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-03-09 3:10AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

9-2-09 Weems Creek-Annapolis, Md.

Yesterday morning, Mo and I launched in Spa Creek at 5:30 am to explore for white perch and pickerel. As we motored out of the creek, Mo was in awe of the incredible yachts moored along the way. It is difficult to say which is more magnificent, the yachts or the homes.

After we were able to regain our senses, we traveled up-river to Weems Creek.  Mo had never caught pickerel, so my goal was to see that he would catch one on UL. As soon as we stopped, and he made a few casts, he yelled "I have a rockfish!." I knew it was most likely a pickerel because of where we were fishing. Those pickerel lie outside the grass and ambush anything that swims by. Most of the pickerel in this creek seem to be between sixteen and twenty-two inches. This one was on the lower end of this scale. He is now looking for a larger one for the wall in his, soon to be built, "Man"s Room."

He has really done well in his first year of collecting specimens. He has a nice LMB and the largest WP that I have seen at 13.5 inches. My friend Chris Douglas at Outback Taxidermy, has done the mounts.

As I have said in previous entries, Dr. Mo is limited to a half day of fishing on Wednesday. He actually has a full time practice. We caught quality WP, one more pickerel, and a small rockfish. We left at 11:00 am. I believe Mo has a new favorite place. He was on the phone, talking to the real estate people, as we pulled away from the ramp!

#2 Sep-03-09 3:34AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 9-2-09 Weems Creek-Annapolis, Md.

Nice outing!

Let's keep taking Mo to different places...it will make him crazy.

You guys need to get the camera action going again!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Sep-03-09 4:46AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

Ernie, We took some pictures. Mo has the camera. I need you to teach me how to send the pictures to you. By the way, have you been instructing Mo? I found myself taking his fish off the hook and putting them in the cooler. After some number of these he announced the fact that he was far ahead of me in the count! That sounded remotely familiar to me.

#4 Sep-03-09 5:31AM

Ernie
Administrator

The boy is a quick learner......I will show you how to send me the pictures next time I am over, remind me.

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Sep-03-09 11:12AM

doberdog1

the pictures will send to ernie tonight.  what a beautiful place.
Mo

Board footer