Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-27-09 1:26AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

8-26-09 Wicomico River

Yesterday, Mo and I launched at 5:30 am with a light breeze and chop on the water. Our first stop was at the duck blind to begin looking for white perch and rockfish. Once again, I "counted my chickens before they hatched" by promising a rockfish to a neighbor who assisted me in building Ernie's rod rack. It seemed like we had the right combination of time and tide. It would be three hours before flood tide and we would have about two hours of falling tide before we needed to quit so Mo could get to his office. Well, after fifty plus years of doing this, I am still baffled at why things go the way they do. Mo consistantly caught undersize rockfish, eleven in total, and undersize perch. I caught only keeping size perch and no small rockfish. I don't ever remember having as many "bumps" with so few hook-ups. Almost every cast, they would bump me all the way back to the boat without getting caught. The final count was a mixture of twenty-four perch and bluefish with one twenty inch rockfish.

#2 Aug-27-09 5:04AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 8-26-09 Wicomico River

If Danny (the storm off the coast) doesn't mess things up, I have a few ideas for Saturday. We will have a rising tide for most of our fishing so I am willing to bet that the perch and stripers will be "staging" in a little deeper water, waiting for the right time for the ambush/slaughter of the bait fish as the tide starts moving out.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer