Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-22-09 3:13PM

Ernie
Administrator

Somewhere near Pittsburgh on Aug. 17 & 19

My friends Denny Durst and Ruben Johnson did a little bass fishing earlier this week. Ruben is a very capable fisherman. I better say that Denny is too!

Anyway, Denny just got back from PA.  He and Ruben fished Monday and Wednesday.  On Monday, Ruben caught 12 bass and Denny caught two. Tough day for Denny!

On Wednesday, things reversed abd Denny caught 12 and Ruben caught “0”, ZERO as Denny said in his email. Ruben was perplexed and Denny got to pilot his boat back to the ramp.  About one mile into the return trip, Denny told Ruben that he knew a place he could catch a fish and pulled over on a point.  Ruben landed this guy....

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/Ruben.jpg

....in about 5-casts and one more on the way back to the ramp.  So, on Wednesday the score was 12-2, just the opposite of Monday.  As Denny said, overall, it was a special two days on the water – very hot, some showers one day, but great company.

Going back in time, these were the two guys that started the connection with me getting my boat. Denny called Ruben who called a friend who called a dealer who called Jim Janes, the previous owner. the rest is history!

Oh...Ruben catches lots of big fish, smallies included. Since Denny sent this report in, he wanted to make sure we all knew that he was even up with Ruben....doesn't happen much!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer