Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-12-09 5:04PM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

8-12-09 Wicomico River (St. Mary's County, Md.)

Mo and I launched at 5:00 am this morning. It was dark with a light breeze blowing down river under an overcast sky. High tide was due in two hours. What more could we ask for? We immediately began catching small to medium white perch on UL with two inch grubs. As dawn began to peak through we caught a beautiful twenty-four inch rockfish. This was the first of five for the trip. Perch were bumping us on almost every cast but some were probably too small to take the grub. It will really get your attention when a rockfish hooks on when you have been catching perch!

As dawn afforded more light we were able to see where we were casting and the rockfish showed us a good time on UL! We caught a twenty-four, twenty-one, nineteen and eighteen incher. In addition we caught one that did not make the cut. Dr. Mo had patients to see in the afternoon so we had to come off of the water at 10:00 am. My take on this was, "Screw the patients, the fish are biting." Mo is more responsible, so we called it quits. The final count was one hundred twenty perch, five rockfish and one twelve inch croaker. Mo kept repeating,"I love the Wicomico." On the way home Mo bought a local newspaper and was looking in the real estate section!

#2 Aug-12-09 6:21PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 8-12-09 Wicomico River (St. Mary's County, Md.)

I told you that they were biting in the Wicomico! You guys had a great day....certainly, you would have caught more than the record (297) had you stayed out there longer.

That place just keeps on giving!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-13-09 2:28PM

Ernie
Administrator

Hmmmm....no word form Mo???? Maybe he is down there snoopin' around to find a piece of property.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Aug-13-09 7:39PM

doberdog1

I'm here, I'm just busy signing autographs for my fishing fans.  I'm really liking Wicomico!  what a great day.

Love fishing!
Mo

Board footer