Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-11-09 12:57AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

8-11-09 Benedict, Md. (Patuxent River)

Yesterday, Benton and I did a little exploring on the Pax River. It is closer to my home than Broomes Island or Solomons Island. We were not able to stay on the water long because of the heat. By eleven o'clock it was ninety-seven degrees! We launched at the public ramp at five-thirty am and began by trying the left shore heading down stream. It was high tide, but the water was only two or three feet as we approached casting distance from shore. We caught small and medium white perch scattered a few here and there until we found a small island with several signs declaring the area to be an oyster sanctuary. We began having much faster action but still mostly small to medium in size. I did catch a twelve inch white perch but did not keep it because it had suspicious red spots. We stopped fishing at ten o'clock. We caught only white perch. We kept thirty-two and released about eight or ten. The shoreline has the kind of grass, growing into the water, that usually holds grass shrimp. I would like to try this area again in the fall to see if the larger fish have moved into the area.

#2 Aug-11-09 7:57PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 8-11-09 Benedict, Md. (Patuxent River)

You are going to catch a 13" perch in the very near future.....

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer