Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-29-09 6:47AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Beaverdam 7-29, rennovations were done

I met Patrick D at Beaverdam this morning for my first time this year.  We took my pirogue and fished all the grass lines with topwaters, worms, and crankbaits.  We fished from 6 45(when then rain stopped) to 8 45 (when the trolling motor died).  It was really nice out though.  I went to cedar to practice walking the dog with a zara spook for 30 min. 

RENOVATIONS:

-all the deep mud pits on the way to the water were filled in with mulch
-the put in area was cleared out of bushes and trees and mulch was put down
- bench put in
-and best of all there is now an area where you can drag (or wheel) your boat into the water withough carrying it over the boulders

#2 Jul-29-09 7:41AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Beaverdam 7-29, rennovations were done

sweeet, been meaning to hit that place up this year. Any luck?

#3 Jul-29-09 8:30AM

Ernie
Administrator

Paul Naj is the master of that water....been meaning to hit it. So many places to fish and so little time!

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Jul-29-09 8:42AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

Paul Naj is the master of that water....been meaning to hit it. So many places to fish and so little time!

I know that feeling!

#5 Jul-29-09 10:43AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

If anybody wants to go out in the morning on beaverdam in the next two weeks...let me know.

Matt and I hit a small pond today after spending a fortune a dicks.  We each had one a little over a pound and we think it was the same one.

#6 Jul-29-09 12:15PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

I stopped by B'Dam the other day and saw the improvements. It should make it a lot easier to launch bigger yaks and especially jon boats.

#7 Jul-30-09 5:38AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Dominion Dan wrote:

I stopped by B'Dam the other day and saw the improvements. It should make it a lot easier to launch bigger yaks and especially jon boats.

that kinda sucks, means more boat traffic sad

#8 Jul-30-09 6:21AM

Bud

I'm happy to see the improvements.  It badly needed it. 

Although, like Andrew says it might lead to more traffic.  Let's hope that it doesn't become too bad.

#9 Jul-30-09 8:34AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

I think the boat traffic will still be limited by the size of the parking lot.

#10 Jul-30-09 1:57PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

I haven't launched on that side in some time but the traffic has been way up on the reservoir this year even before the renovations. Last year on most mornings I fished during the week from June throught September I was usually the only one out there. This year I have only been out once during that time when there was no one else around. In fact, most mornings there have been 3 or 4 boats out fishing and a few days even more. The weekends have been even more pressured.

I've hesitated posting this because I'm not yet sure that it has to do with fishing pressure, but this year has been a big dissapointment for me on the reservoir. I'm still catching fish but the numbers and quality are way down from last year. Certain spots that I fished last year that were "money" to me just aren't producing this year. Last year I caught a ton of fish with a bunch over 4 Lbs. from the sutheast cove during the pre-spawn and spawn. This year I caught only 1 or 2 fish there. now others scored there so some fish were there but maybe they were over pressured. Also, last year I had a 15 - 20 foot hump that was amazing in late July and August. This year I have only taken 1 3lber off of it. The next few weeks will really be key for me.

I still fish it because I believe it still holds good fish but unless the fish are just behaving differently this year the pressure could be affecting the fishery. Whether it's from fish being taken out or the fish starting to wise up to lures, it's not what it was just a year ago.

#11 Jul-30-09 2:00PM

Ernie
Administrator

I wonder if the spear gun poachers that JJ happened on at Goose Creek ever hit the reservoir....

#12 Aug-20-09 9:58AM

plan b

Paul Naj wrote:

I haven't launched on that side in some time but the traffic has been way up on the reservoir this year even before the renovations. Last year on most mornings I fished during the week from June throught September I was usually the only one out there. This year I have only been out once during that time when there was no one else around. In fact, most mornings there have been 3 or 4 boats out fishing and a few days even more. The weekends have been even more pressured.

I've hesitated posting this because I'm not yet sure that it has to do with fishing pressure, but this year has been a big dissapointment for me on the reservoir. I'm still catching fish but the numbers and quality are way down from last year. Certain spots that I fished last year that were "money" to me just aren't producing this year. Last year I caught a ton of fish with a bunch over 4 Lbs. from the sutheast cove during the pre-spawn and spawn. This year I caught only 1 or 2 fish there. now others scored there so some fish were there but maybe they were over pressured. Also, last year I had a 15 - 20 foot hump that was amazing in late July and August. This year I have only taken 1 3lber off of it. The next few weeks will really be key for me.

I still fish it because I believe it still holds good fish but unless the fish are just behaving differently this year the pressure could be affecting the fishery. Whether it's from fish being taken out or the fish starting to wise up to lures, it's not what it was just a year ago.

i am curious if the lower than normal air temps over the first half of the year just created more of a scattered population of bass... there is no way that place got fished out or over pressured since last year to make the bite that tough... how is the water level doing?  we can't forget that the year before our epic season in 08 there was a huge drought and the res was reduced to more of a river... i think that had a huge impact on the fishing in 08... it's possible that more constant water levels have created more widespread holding areas... in 08 i found that sharp breaklines were huge in locating numbers of fish but that may have changed

all is well in CO... i have another tourney this weekend, an all nighter, 7pm-7am... i will post pics and results

keep after em boys

-brian-

#13 Aug-20-09 10:05AM

Ernie
Administrator

Great to hear from you b, good luck in the tourney.....and as always, great advice on Beaverdam!

Board footer