Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-20-09 3:10AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

7-20-09 Broomes Island

Luan and I launched at 6:00 am yesterday to search for white perch. Within fifteen minutes Luan caught an undersize rockfish. I followed with a keeper croaker. Now, things stopped. We began a search from pier to pier with marginal success. The tide was approaching dead low and the few fish caught were small. The water at Broomes Island is shallow everywhere. If you find five feet you are in the deep area! The only bonus to this area is the proximity to fishing. You are able to begin casting within one hundred yards of the ramp. The ramp is small and the parking is limited. The final count at 11:00 am was twenty three perch and one croaker.

#2 Jul-20-09 5:29AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 7-20-09 Broomes Island

Glad you got out but those numbers are down from years past. I am getting nervous about going down to the Wicomico...I am supposed to go Saturday.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-20-09 6:06AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

Re: 7-20-09 Broomes Island

Ernie, I don't know what to say. You can look at my weekly reports and see that none of the trips has produced the numbers that you and I have known in the past. We are now near the end of July and the magic number seems to be about thirty fish per trip. The one trip I made to Mrs. Wolfe's cove produced none! In the past we have filled the cooler from her cove and the beach out front. We have not decimated the population because they are as prolific as bluegills! The water temperature was seventy-eight degrees yesterday. I do not know how to explain this!

Board footer