Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-13-09 2:54PM

scottr

Va Beach Amberjack on the Blue Dragon

On Saturday, we deciding to head off to the South Tower offshore of Va Beach to fish for amberjack while waiting for the results of the last day of the tuna tournament to see how we did.  (see Tournament results).  Went out on the Blue Dragon with Mike (captain), Jared (mate and captain of Hold Fast), Greg (owner of the Blue Dragon), Bruce, and 4 of Greg's family.  We stopped on the way out to load up on some croaker and then made the 60+ mile run to the South Tower.  Got our lines in the water and in a matter of a few short minutes had our first AJ in the boat, thanks to 7 year old Sam in the fighting chair.  Ended up getting all of Greg's family a few fish and then we decided to have some fun casting jigs and topwater.  I finally got to make use of my Saltist 40 on a Lamiglass rod on some nice fish.  Had a blast catching amberjack with at least 20 boated all 40 + inches long with 2 going 50+ inches for catch and release citations.  Then we did a quick swim call and headed back in for Mike to take a polygraph for the tournament.  It was a great weekend and some great fishing.  I'll put up some some pictures shortly.

#2 Jul-14-09 5:02AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Va Beach Amberjack on the Blue Dragon

nice report. looking forward to the pictures.

smile

Board footer